Tour Discussion Thread

Jorstin

• Subscriber

:D My first post. Yes, Dublin, Ireland. Never been. Would love to go... but this year for my b-day I wish they could sing live in Miami Florida, where I will be visiting with friends between 02.27 and 03.03. 

If they sing there in that time frame, then, well... that would be the best b-day gift ever!!!  :D  :D  :D

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I read via a link on the Me & U2 Facebook page that the London O2 has been booked for a few nights for U2 later this year.

TBH U2 are doing a bit too much PR for nothing to be happening. I think the albums ready & the tours already being put together.

Ordinary Love, Invisible, the Fallon show are all part of the new management style for the band.

Delayed yeah maybe, but purposely!!

• Subscriber

I read via a link on the Me & U2 Facebook page that the London O2 has been booked for a few nights for U2 later this year.

TBH U2 are doing a bit too much PR for nothing to be happening. I think the albums ready & the tours already being put together.

Ordinary Love, Invisible, the Fallon show are all part of the new management style for the band.

Delayed yeah maybe, but purposely!!

Oooh, can't be too far away from an announcement!

• Subscriber

I agree thought for a while now that the new album is ready and that venues have been booked.

Its just the the new management doing things there way . Theres going to be a lot more PR and shows like the Fallon show and the Oscars

done before anything is released or announced. I also think the band themselves are trying to build the hype up coming out with statements like we would like to play indoor venues this time like the O2 or we are going to be busy at the end of the year.

Everything is in place we all just gotta be patient it will be worth it

• Subscriber

I agree thought for a while now that the new album is ready and that venues have been booked.

Its just the the new management doing things there way . Theres going to be a lot more PR and shows like the Fallon show and the Oscars

done before anything is released or announced. I also think the band themselves are trying to build the hype up coming out with statements like we would like to play indoor venues this time like the O2 or we are going to be busy at the end of the year.

Everything is in place we all just gotta be patient it will be worth it

Bono said in his recent Radio 1 interview that they'd like to play the O2, so you might be right.

Edited by peterferris8

• Subscriber

If they play indoors in Ireland, there's the O2, (formerly The Point Depot, [see waht 'Mac' did there] where they famously said on NYEVE 1989 - well, actually NYday 1990, when they hit the stage, that they had to go away and 'dream it all up again' at the end of Lovetown, and pre Achtung) - didn't hold 23,000 back then, but maybe does today. I hope they plan to book a few nights in there. If they can play to a quarter of a million fans in 3 shows at Croker, then they risk disappointing a lot of Irish and global visiting fans if they don't play at least 5 nights indoors. (If 'Westlife' can do it!!!!?? lol)

There's the Oddessy in Belfast, a good venue, home of Belfast Giants ice hockey team - I would certainly hope they would consider 1 or even a 2nd nights there - if they decide on doing indoors - thousands of fans from the north of Ireland travel to Dublin for the shows.

When they last played 'the point' back n the day - tickets were absolute gold dust. I remember queuing all night in the pre internet days outside a Belfast music store, only to be disappointed as the lousy ticket allocation was gone in minutes.

Their popularity certainly hasn't waned, so I hope their management team understand the big implications with regard to coming indoors in Ireland, and plan accordingly. The band themselves must surely know that they could easily still sell out Croker or similar (Aviva stadium) for 2 nights minimum. The issue with U2 at the big outdoor stadiums in Dublin has always been local resident objections, as the nature of the Dublin stadiums is that they are situated in relatively speaking inner city sites, that were never really designed for the onslaught of U2 mainia weekends - but the locals have had 'spin offs' too that they don't shout about that much. Maybe the band want to avoid all that - which the indoor venues both in Dublin and Belfast would provide.

Anyway, good news for now that the band are bringing out a new album, we'll see what happens after that.

• Subscriber

Boy.. I always thought I was a rather patient person but once again am proven wrong.  I'm chomping at the bit for tour rumors and announcements.  Especially after a slight taste of them on TV again on Monday night.

• Subscriber

If they play indoors in Ireland, there's the O2, (formerly The Point Depot, [see waht 'Mac' did there] where they famously said on NYEVE 1989 - well, actually NYday 1990, when they hit the stage, that they had to go away and 'dream it all up again' at the end of Lovetown, and pre Achtung) - didn't hold 23,000 back then, but maybe does today. I hope they plan to book a few nights in there. If they can play to a quarter of a million fans in 3 shows at Croker, then they risk disappointing a lot of Irish and global visiting fans if they don't play at least 5 nights indoors. (If 'Westlife' can do it!!!!?? lol)

There's the Oddessy in Belfast, a good venue, home of Belfast Giants ice hockey team - I would certainly hope they would consider 1 or even a 2nd nights there - if they decide on doing indoors - thousands of fans from the north of Ireland travel to Dublin for the shows.

When they last played 'the point' back n the day - tickets were absolute gold dust. I remember queuing all night in the pre internet days outside a Belfast music store, only to be disappointed as the lousy ticket allocation was gone in minutes.

Their popularity certainly hasn't waned, so I hope their management team understand the big implications with regard to coming indoors in Ireland, and plan accordingly. The band themselves must surely know that they could easily still sell out Croker or similar (Aviva stadium) for 2 nights minimum. The issue with U2 at the big outdoor stadiums in Dublin has always been local resident objections, as the nature of the Dublin stadiums is that they are situated in relatively speaking inner city sites, that were never really designed for the onslaught of U2 mainia weekends - but the locals have had 'spin offs' too that they don't shout about that much. Maybe the band want to avoid all that - which the indoor venues both in Dublin and Belfast would provide.

Anyway, good news for now that the band are bringing out a new album, we'll see what happens after that.

Found that the locals at Croke are quick to put up stalls selling water and stuff pre and post gig and rent out front gardens for parking.

Organising a tour can be a bitch its all down to try grabbing the dates before others If someone has the dates / venue in say London you need to keep the tour flowing through Europe without too many gaps and delays then you have to put back the tour sometimes by a month or two to get dates / venues to tie up

• Subscriber

forbeslistU2_full.jpg

(Getty Images)

UAE events management firm Flash Entertainment is in talks with promoters for U2 in a bid to stage the Irish band’s first gig in the emirates.

Flash, which are set to stage the Rolling Stones upcoming concert in Abu Dhabi on Friday, are keen to bring Bono, The Edge, Adam Clayton, and Larry Mullen to the UAE for their first concert, the company’s CEO said.

“I’ve spoken with the company and the primary person responsible for U2 and they’re very interested in coming here,” John Lickrish was quoted as saying by 7DAYS newspaper.

Lickrish revealed he had previously tried to lure the band to the UAE during their 360 tour, which ran from 2009 to 2011, but the cost of staging it proved too high.