illumination70

What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

I went to the comic shop this morning - and the co-owner let me have some Star Wars stickers completely FREE as a gift for being a regular :D 

Now I just need to decide which notebooks to stick them on :lol:

I've just found out I've won a book! :D 

There's a book review site called Goodreads and they have competitions on there where you can win advance copies of books to review them and give feedback to authors before they go on sale.

I've won a language-learning book on Italian verbs :) Let's hope it's as useful as it looks.

Despite a high fever, I was able to help a very distraught and confused elder gentleman get his cell phone service to address his issue.  I then pulled out the battery and sim card and got it all reset for him.  I got a hundred thank yous.   It felt good because I wanted to smack him every time he put his fingers into my vision to show me where that darn sim card goes. lol   I was seeing triplicate each time, but it was a success. 

I also was very kindly assured I shall have two very good seats to see Elton John at the United Center in Chicago this coming August.  I'd have to put Elton John ahead of U2 only because he's been around longer.  I could not see my life without either.  Now I'm seeing them both this coming Summer.  woo hoo

A good friend of mine told me how I can eventually get a ticket to Hamilton in Chicago for ten bucks.  Three great things in one day.  

I just read that all 955 miners were freed from the gold mine in South Africa, where they'd been trapped, about half a mile underground, since Wednesday.  All are okay and with families.

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 2