illumination70

What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

I discovered what a beautiful song Stop the Clocks by Noel Gallagher and the High Flying Birds is.  I had somehow missed it and it's an instant favorite song for the rest of my life.  I love it when that happens. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manohlive said:

I discovered what a beautiful song Stop the Clocks by Noel Gallagher and the High Flying Birds is.  I had somehow missed it and it's an instant favorite song for the rest of my life.  I love it when that happens. 

I love that song. He'd been demoing it while he was still in Oasis - one of their compilation albums was called "Stop the Clocks" and had lyrics from the song on the inside cover of the lyric booklet. I remember being really excited when the track was listed on his debut solo album. Thankfully it was worth the long wait to finally hear it!

Reading the sport headlines today after Ireland beat France un the 6 Nations rugby with the last kick of the game.

20 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

I love that song. He'd been demoing it while he was still in Oasis - one of their compilation albums was called "Stop the Clocks" and had lyrics from the song on the inside cover of the lyric booklet. I remember being really excited when the track was listed on his debut solo album. Thankfully it was worth the long wait to finally hear it!

I went and saw them live and they were great.  AKA What a Life sounded amazing.  I did not know a lot of their music.  I'm happy to say I now do and I'm in love with NG's HFB.  I also listened to his new solo album once today and really like it too.  He was very funny live.  He got heckled and had a comeback for every single one.  It was very funny and musical bliss.

I have friends in Philadelphia who are very buzzed right now and texting me incoherently.  I guess Philly is going ballistic.  It was a great Super Bowl.  I'm also really getting into watching Premier League on Saturday mornings. NBC started running it a while ago and I've been watching every week. They had a documentary type thing about the fans in England after the game.  It was fascinating and I'm getting hooked.  It didn't look like fun playing in that pouring rain in London for yesterday's game. match?  I don't know but I love it.  I've never had access to English Football like that here in America.  It's is a very nice and unexpected treat.

Edited by Manohlive

3 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I have friends in Philadelphia who are very buzzed right now and texting me incoherently.  I guess Philly is going ballistic.  It was a great Super Bowl.  I'm also really getting into watching Premier League on Saturday mornings. NBC started running it a while ago and I've been watching every week. They had a documentary type thing about the fans in England after the game.  It was fascinating and I'm getting hooked.  It didn't look like fun playing in that pouring rain in London for yesterday's game. match?  I don't know but I love it.  I've never had access to English Football like that here in America.  It's is a very nice and unexpected treat.

It's interesting that you mention having access to watch English football matches - over the last few years, the BBC has started showing American Football games so that people over here in the UK can see what the fuss is about.

Although to me, American Football mostly looks like rugby, just with the players in helmets and padded outfits :)

I think I'll stick with our nice round football and rules that I understand :P

19 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

It's interesting that you mention having access to watch English football matches

I just learned from padawenbeck84 that it is a match and not a game.