What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I just learned from padawenbeck84 that it is a match and not a game.

You can call them games if you want to. We use both words pretty much equally :)

I went to a library book sale today and picked up two really good reference books for only £1 each B) 

I love library book sales. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got accepted into University!

I convinced my dad to stay home today, because there are lots cases of coronavirus in their town!

One of my best mates who has been having  chemo and surgery for a nasty cancer had his post treatment scan results today and has been declared cancer free. It doesn’t get much better than that .

Posted Images

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

I love library book sales.

I do too.  It's nice to hear that others value physical books and not digital downloads.  I'm not knocking downloads.  There is something romantic to physically holding a book when it's nasty outside or one needs to withdraw from the world.  Books and cds are the first thing I hit at rummage sales.

My good thing is I'm going to go pull out a favorite anthology of poetry because of padawanbeck84.  That's two days in a row you've inspired me, pada!

Edited by Manohlive
  • Subscriber

Oh-another good thing:   Some Philadelphia Eagles are going to the White House and some are not. (Every year, the winners of our Super Bowl go and get their pic taken with the President of the United States.) Those who are not going are doing so out of protest.  Thus far, I've heard a lot of criticism for both sides from outsiders.  I've only heard Philadelphia Eagles players supporting each other from both sides.  I think that is cool as America is badly in need of finding the middle ground.  I hope the team continues to support one another no matter their own personal stance.

Edited by Manohlive
  • Subscriber

I watched the opening ceremony of the Olympics with about 3 billion other people in our world.   I thought of pain_18 when Romania marched.  I'm so happy the Italian couple skated so well last evening.  I don't recall Italians in figure skating and the Olympics before these.  I was happy the Canadians did so well.  I want the lady from Australia to take the gold in her skiing event.  A gold medal for skiing and from Australia?  I love it.

• Subscriber

I received my book today that I won in the giveaway :)

I also bought a ticket for a film showing as part of a local community film festival. The film is called "Logan Lucky" and the screening is in a couple of weeks' time. I'm excited to finally watch it as I missed seeing it at the cinema.