Jump to content

What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)


Recommended Posts

  • Subscriber

The Head and the Heart are gonna be in Minneapolis on May 30.  I got my ticket in the mail earlier.  They are one of my favorite bands after/next to U2.  Now, post Chicago EI shows, May 22 and 23, I won't be as bummed because I have another show a week later.  Its also all GA and on a much smaller scale, so front rail it shall be. 

Edited by Manohlive
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got accepted into University!

I convinced my dad to stay home today, because there are lots cases of coronavirus in their town!

One of my best mates who has been having  chemo and surgery for a nasty cancer had his post treatment scan results today and has been declared cancer free. It doesn’t get much better than that .

Posted Images

  • Subscriber

I went shopping today and bought some Star Wars stickers. The staff in Asda were really nice and let me go through both boxes to look for the shinies I needed :D

(I discovered that the shiny foil stickers are visible through the wrapper, well enough to get a good idea which character/ship it is - which helps immensely when looking for those last few!) 

I now only need 28 stickers to complete the book.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber

One of my best mates who has been having  chemo and surgery for a nasty cancer had his post treatment scan results today and has been declared cancer free. It doesn’t get much better than that .

thank god for the NHS and free at the point of access health care we have in the U.K.

Edited by doctornickriviera
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
12 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

I went shopping today and bought some Star Wars stickers. The staff in Asda were really nice and let me go through both boxes to look for the shinies I needed :D

(I discovered that the shiny foil stickers are visible through the wrapper, well enough to get a good idea which character/ship it is - which helps immensely when looking for those last few!) 

I now only need 28 stickers to complete the book.

I always read your posts when I see them.  Your Star Wars collection sounds rather extensive.  How do you find all the stuff you need to complete collections within your collection?  Do you have a pic of your whole collection?  I'd like to see it.

My good thing is that my mom and sister are visiting in August.  It's over 100 degrees and muggy in Summer where they live.  I normally would not see them for many months.  It's my sister's first time back in 18 years.  I am taking her to Irish Fest.  Every Summer, Milwaukee has the largest Irish Festival in America.  They get the best musicians.  I'm always telling my family about it.  This year I can bring them and my Irish Terrier.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
7 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I always read your posts when I see them.  Your Star Wars collection sounds rather extensive.  How do you find all the stuff you need to complete collections within your collection?  Do you have a pic of your whole collection?  I'd like to see it.

My good thing is that my mom and sister are visiting in August.  It's over 100 degrees and muggy in Summer where they live.  I normally would not see them for many months.  It's my sister's first time back in 18 years.  I am taking her to Irish Fest.  Every Summer, Milwaukee has the largest Irish Festival in America.  They get the best musicians.  I'm always telling my family about it.  This year I can bring them and my Irish Terrier.

It depends. My Star Wars book collection is extensive as I've been collecting those for over a decade. My trading cards and sticker collection is not so big as I've only been collecting them for about 2 years, but since the 40th anniversary set last year, the card company has given Europe and the rest of the world better access to US hobby boxes - which has of course encouraged me to collect more (or at least as much as I can afford). Trading the cards has also helped me find a community of fellow nerds similar to our U2 community :)

And talking of stickers - I logged in this morning and found I've won a prize from the Last Jedi stickers!! :D Codes on the back of the shinies can be entered into a series of prize draws and I won yesterday's! Not sure what my prize is yet, but I will find out shortly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
7 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

It depends. My Star Wars book collection is extensive as I've been collecting those for over a decade. My trading cards and sticker collection is not so big as I've only been collecting them for about 2 years, but since the 40th anniversary set last year, the card company has given Europe and the rest of the world better access to US hobby boxes - which has of course encouraged me to collect more (or at least as much as I can afford). Trading the cards has also helped me find a community of fellow nerds similar to our U2 community :)

And talking of stickers - I logged in this morning and found I've won a prize from the Last Jedi stickers!! :D Codes on the back of the shinies can be entered into a series of prize draws and I won yesterday's! Not sure what my prize is yet, but I will find out shortly. 

How did you job interview go?

My good thing is that the Sun is shining, it's St Patrick's Day and my favorite Irish bar is three blocks from my home.  One of my best friends has MRSA and been put through the wringer of late.  He's well enough that I can buy him Guinness galore and we both stumble home.  He lives a block from me.  It's a great day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
15 hours ago, Manohlive said:

How did you job interview go?

My good thing is that the Sun is shining, it's St Patrick's Day and my favorite Irish bar is three blocks from my home.  One of my best friends has MRSA and been put through the wringer of late.  He's well enough that I can buy him Guinness galore and we both stumble home.  He lives a block from me.  It's a great day.

I didn't get the job :( 

But they will give me some feedback about the interview so I can try and improve for the future, which I think is very good of them.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber

Either Topps have made an error or I've won 2 prizes in one week! :o

I had an email from them this morning to say I'd won the weekly prize on their sticker competition - after winning a daily draw on Friday! 

I also found a book in the library so I can complete one of the series I'm reading :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber

I consider it a blessing in disguise. I was at the scene of a bad accident, but was not part of the accident, although it was close. So, not being in an accident is good!

However, I and others got out to help the victim and stayed to give statements to the police. It was horrible, but the victim was still alive and responsive at the time, which is amazing. I'm happy to see that people still care and took the time out to help another who was in serious distress.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...