What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got accepted into University!

...and I was just given confirmation by email that my vote for this primary was received and tabulated today! Consider this a small blow against the tyranny expressed by those who would prevent u

I convinced my dad to stay home today, because there are lots cases of coronavirus in their town!

Posted Images

• Subscriber

I found some great books in a charity shop and 2 second-hand bookshops. It's always fun to find them in places like that as I would never be able to be afford them new - and the money goes to a good cause.

And yes, this being me, two of them were Star Wars graphic novels :D 

Now I just need to find space on my bookshelves :lol:

22 hours ago, toyoracer said:

I consider it a blessing in disguise. I was at the scene of a bad accident, but was not part of the accident, although it was close. So, not being in an accident is good!

However, I and others got out to help the victim and stayed to give statements to the police. It was horrible, but the victim was still alive and responsive at the time, which is amazing. I'm happy to see that people still care and took the time out to help another who was in serious distress.

Wow, what an intense situation, toyoracer! It is miraculous,  really! Yes, good people still help strangers in need! I pray...hope you don't mind me saying that....

• Like 1
  • Subscriber

I collected my parcel from the post office and now have a 2014 trading card set that was released before I started collecting :)

I was also able to try and advise another group member about where to start with Star Wars comics. I hope they find one they like.

• Subscriber

You know when they say about things happening in threes? 

1) I posted earlier about collecting my parcel of trading cards this morning. Then: 

2) HMV phoned up and said my Juanes CD had arrived, so I was able to collect it. THEN:

3) A short while ago, the postie delivered my prize from Topps for winning the Star Wars daily prize draw. I won a full set of 200 stickers :D

Today is just one of those awesome days - and I'm trying out a new writing group this evening.

• Subscriber

It feels like I'm spamming this thread today, but I can't quite believe it!

I was just posting my previous comment when there was another knock at the door. Topps did *not* make a mistake - I won a second Star Wars prize draw :o

In addition to the stickers, I also received a poster, book and X-Wing edition toy car.

SWStickerSet.jpg

SWPosteretc.jpg

4 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

It feels like I'm spamming this thread today, but I can't quite believe it!

I was just posting my previous comment when there was another knock at the door. Topps did *not* make a mistake - I won a second Star Wars prize draw :o

In addition to the stickers, I also received a poster, book and X-Wing edition toy car.

SWStickerSet.jpg

SWPosteretc.jpg

Congratulations, padawanbeck84!!