What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

I found a lovely little independent bookshop I'd never been to before. They had a box of Advance Reading Copies that you could take for free (because it's not legal to sell ARCs). 

I found one in there that I wanted, then found 2 regular novels that I'd also been looking for and bought those B) 

AND I found 7 more books in 3 charity shops that I visited :D

I'm envious you've so many bookshops waiting to be discovered.   I'm happy from your passion for the written word in physical books.  I hope your writing is going well, paw.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Sun came up, the beach was freezing and me and my hounds had a ball!

I got accepted into University!

...and I was just given confirmation by email that my vote for this primary was received and tabulated today! Consider this a small blow against the tyranny expressed by those who would prevent u

Posted Images

• Subscriber

I got really good feedback on one of my short stories from fellow members of my writer's group - so I'm going to submit it to hopefully be published in our new magazine.

It's especially heartening given that my latest uni assignment didn't do very well, so I needed cheering up. I don't think my style fits well with the course, but my tutor is still very encouraging.

• Subscriber

Technically this counts as earlier this morning.

I stayed up past midnight to watch a live broadcast on Facebook by a Star Wars collector friend, who was opening a case of trading cards. In the 9th box of the case, he pulled an extremely rare dual autograph card with the autos of Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) and Harrison Ford (Han Solo).

When I say *extremely* rare, there's only 3 of them in existence.

He was crying happy tears, those of us watching were crying happy tears... amazing to be able to share a moment like that with a friend. He's a long-time collector and that's the best card he's ever got.

So happy for him - and happy that the card was found by a *genuine* fan rather than someone who'll just flog it on Ebay.