illumination70

What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

I reached the 50,000 words mark in my NaNoWriMo novel :D

The story itself is probably only about halfway through, but I've completed the challenge. Always good when I manage that.

• Like 1

I woke up and no dog next to me.  I got up and no dog on the couch.  No dog in the kitchen or anywhere.  I went back into my bedroom.  The little shyte had tipped over my laundry basket and made herself quite the little bed in my closet. Seeing her head poke up out of it is one of the cutest, most adorable things I've ever seen, albeit a naughty thing for her to have done.  

Other good thing is I finally figured out how to resize pictures.  I had no idea how miserable I was without an Irish Terrier.  Now I've got another.  There's no way she's giving up this foam wedge I badly want to throw out.  I set it on the couch while I was grabbing other stuff to haul out of my apartment and she claimed her stake.

ririfoamwedgeresized..jpg

• Like 1

On 11/22/2019 at 4:20 PM, illumination70 said:

By the way, the charity event's proceeds go to the American Arthritis Society because we need a cure!!

May one be found quickly.  I know a lot of people who suffer wth debilitating pain from arthritis.  I hope you are not one of them.  

• Like 1

A friend called.  I have not spoken with here since before Christmas.  She suggested a film which was playing on PBS POV, here in America.  

World Traveler-Hassan Fazili

It's a beautiful film/documentary, albeit heartbreaking to watch.  I highly recommend it.   I've very glad I watched it.  I got a deeper perspective into the plight of immigrants/refugees in our world.  The love in the family of Mr. Fazili is remarkable. 

I finally added Nevermind by Nirvana to my CD collection. I was too young to know about them at the time, and had never really got round to listening to them before. But over the last few months, I've been exploring more of that early 90s rock and grunge on Spotify - partly prompted by the novel I'm working on, which is set in that era.

Then my best friend got me a HMV gift card for Christmas. Today I spent it and my CD collection feels a little more... caught up. I'm also wondering how the heck I'd never got into Foo Fighters before now. Can I blame Oasis for distracting me (and eating my money) for all those years? :lol:

Posted (edited)
On 12/31/2019 at 2:06 PM, illumination70 said:

I made rice crispy treats, blew up some balloons, got out some 2020 New Year Glasses in order to welcome 2020 which will be (fingers crossed) a better year!!

Happy New Year!  We'll make it better no matter.  💪   Nice to run into you again, illumination70.   Where are my treats?   I can't resist those squares.   They be tasty..   Send some snap, crackles and pop due East, por favor. 

After 55 days, almost to the hour, my new dog finally had the wiley leprechaun grin which only an Irish Terrier can give.   (Huge whew.)  I was really scared she wouldn't ever do it.  I was wrong.  She's been holding out.  I think she gave me my first one because I'm letting her get away with making walks three times longer than necessary before she poops  Poetic justice is a good thing this way today... 😁

Edited by Manohlive