illumination70

What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

My good thing for today is that I got the loan extended on one of my library books even though I've had all 3 of the renewals that are normally allowed. Said book was due back today, but getting it to one of the specified libraries is impossible. Travel in many parts of Shropshire is being massively affected by flooding :( 

Anyone wanting to go to Shrewsbury at the moment should travel in a boat rather than attempting it by car :P 

Thank goodness for all of the emergency services, volunteers etc helping to evacuate people and keep them safe. 

I have new headphones - and they've passed the "Does Streets sound epic?" test :D

I had to get them to replace another pair where the cable had got so twisted, the outer cover had cracked and exposed the actual wire :o Then the pair I bought on Friday had a component loose in the right ear which meant the sound wasn't working in that ear. But we took that pair back this morning, swapped them and the new ones are fine. 

So I can carry on rocking :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

So I can carry on rocking

Don't forget to roll.  haha

My good thing;  Sunshine.

• Upvote 1

We could do with some of that sunshine over here @Manohlive - we've got a second round of flooding at the moment in towns that have barely had time to clear up from last week's floods :(

2 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

We could do with some of that sunshine over here @Manohlive - we've got a second round of flooding at the moment in towns that have barely had time to clear up from last week's floods :(

There's a lot of floodng here in the southern part of America.  It's hard to see so many with flooded houses and they have to leave.  It does bring out a lot of good in people who go round in boats rescusing people and animals.  

My good thing is I'm packing to go see my mom, sister, niece and nephew in Florida tomorow.  Major snowstorm slipped south and I should get out in time.

Not today but a few days ago I saw this band. I’m a late convert but I love their approach.

in every town they play in they seek out local homeless charities and ask their fans to bring items the charities need to the concert to donate. The requests are placed on social media.

Most people in the UK are only a couple of missed wages away from homelessness so whilst as a family we are currently v fortunate, I am very aware that any turn of fate could change things quickly.

we had a trip to the supermarket and bought as much dog food/and personal hygiene products that we could physically carry to the venue.

the levellers are right. Everyone needs the same thing Food Roof and Family.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

Not today but a few days ago I saw this band. I’m a late convert but I love their approach.

in every town they play in they seek out local homeless charities and ask their fans to bring items the charities need to the concert to donate. The requests are placed on social media.

Most people in the UK are only a couple of missed wages away from homelessness so whilst as a family we are currently v fortunate, I am very aware that any turn of fate could change things quickly.

we had a trip to the supermarket and bought as much dog food/and personal hygiene products that we could physically carry to the venue.

the levellers are right. Everyone needs the same thing Food Roof and Family.

I saw them at the WOMAD festival in the early 90s, right after Levelling the Land came out. Really enjoyed them. Didn’t know they were still around. 

• Like 1

From yesterday. my good thing was that I got back into working on the novel I started in November. I've been in a bit of a writing slump lately and not done much, but I added over a page (about 700 words) to it last night :)

Hopefully I can keep that going and get the first draft finished.