illumination70

What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

Managed to get in touch with some friends to see how they're holding up. Everyone's doing okay but a bit bored!

• Like 1

Managed to get in touch with some friends to see how they're holding up. Everyone's doing okay but a bit bored!

Positive ...the forum is fixed......

negative .....I’ve just had to delete about a dozen duplicate posts....sorry if there’s more lurking on here!

On 3/18/2020 at 4:19 PM, illumination70 said:

My splint which was causing me great anxiety is fiinally off!!

Yay!   It's been a while, yes?   Last I remember, you were hoping they'd give you a splint.  

I got my dog back after needing someone else to watch her due to almost paralyzing headaches.  I'm lstening/watching Even Better Than The Real Thing lve.  Bono just told Larry to break on though to the other side of the barricage. 

• Like 2

On 3/30/2020 at 2:33 PM, Manohlive said:

Yay!   It's been a while, yes?   Last I remember, you were hoping they'd give you a splint.  

I got my dog back after needing someone else to watch her due to almost paralyzing headaches.  I'm lstening/watching Even Better Than The Real Thing lve.  Bono just told Larry to break on though to the other side of the barricage. 

Very true because the last thing we needed was me going into surgery!!

• Upvote 1

I did not allow myself to get angry with the stupididty of my current president.

• Like 1

I feel like crying (in a good way) at the goodwill of people in the trading card group I'm part of.

It's a Facebook group for trading Star Wars cards and today, one relatively new member posted that they had hit a printing plate featuring my favourite character Poe Dameron. She was willing to sell it, but printing plates are one-offs and routinely go for anywhere from US$100-250. I don't have that kind of money. I asked the seller if she would let me pay in installments, she said she would think about it and see what other people were able to offer. 

One of the group moderators then replied to her original post, explaining that I am the main Poe collector in the group. It felt like he was trying to nudge her into making sure I got it. She has now agreed that I can pay by installments and I've paid the first one tonight. I just feel so happy as I didn't think I was going to be able to have that card. 

Maybe by the time I've finished paying for it, things might even be a little more back to normal in the world :)