What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got accepted into University!

I convinced my dad to stay home today, because there are lots cases of coronavirus in their town!

One of my best mates who has been having  chemo and surgery for a nasty cancer had his post treatment scan results today and has been declared cancer free. It doesn’t get much better than that .

Posted Images

• Subscriber

I've been able to order a box of Star Wars trading cards that I didn't think were available over here in the UK. 

Now I just have to see how long it takes for them to arrive. I might consider them essential to my collection, but Amazon probably doesn't agree with me in the current climate. Although opening and sorting cards is a great boredom-buster :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

I received the art prints I bought at a virtual Star Wars convention at the start of this month. Both artists also included extra prints in the parcels as a thank-you present, which I thought was lovely of them. 

And the cards I wrote about in the previous post arrived on May the 4th :D

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
Posted (edited)

I got my mail-in ballot for my state’s June 2nd primary election yesterday. (Yes, this primary is mostly symbolic now since Joe Biden effectively already has the Democratic nomination; however, there were down-ballot elections that are actually meaningful.)

I’m just glad we have no-excuse mail-in voting now. This process was just signed into law late last year; talk about fortunate timing!

Edited by dmway
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Subscriber
On 5/15/2020 at 4:01 AM, dmway said:

I got my mail-in ballot for my state’s June 2nd primary election yesterday. (Yes, this primary is mostly symbolic now since Joe Biden effectively already has the Democratic nomination; however, there were down-ballot elections that are actually meaningful.)

I’m just glad we have no-excuse mail-in voting now. This process was just signed into law late last year; talk about fortunate timing!

...and I was just given confirmation by email that my vote for this primary was received and tabulated today!

Consider this a small blow against the tyranny expressed by those who would prevent us from being able to vote from home! 👍

• Like 4
  • Brilliant 1
  • Subscriber
Posted (edited)

Something awesome happened. Another Irish Terrier is coming into my life. Boy. His name is Flannagan. Breeder just wants a good home for him.  Flan is fighting with the Aerdales this man also breeds.  (Go Terriers)   Looks like we're driviing to Ohio to fetch him. This is a minor miracle.  Word was quietly given to me that there would be no Irish Terriers availbale for a year.  They are on the endangered breeds list for the AKC. Nobody is breeding during the pandemic.  I was going to have to crush the hopes of someone I love dearly. Now I do not. Two of them 😀  Riri (my girl) and now Flan for my ex, who has become one of my best of the best friends. He looked at me yesterday and asked, "How long am I going to have to wait?".  My heart broke. I couldn't tell him that none were available.  All I could say was, "I never lost hope.  Don't you lose it.either."  Five hours later, the lady who gave me Riri told me the news of Flan. Two Irish terriers, one male and one female, means they can run and play together. I cannot believe how fortunate and blessed I am.

A huge thank you to our universe.  Go Irish anything - especialliy terriers and U2.  I know I'm gushing but I am so high I could fly right now. Never lose hope. 

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Brilliant 1
  • Subscriber
On 5/15/2020 at 3:01 AM, dmway said:

’m just glad we have no-excuse mail-in voting now.

And it isn't corrupt.  

• Like 1
  • Subscriber

A small thing, but I finally got my electronic typewriter working today. It took me half a page to figure out punctuation and I still can't get the margins right, but I finally have a way to type up my novel without being distracted by the internet :)

(Which feels especially important at the moment given how overwhelming and distressing social media can be. As my best friend put it: "My desire to stay informed is at war with my wish to stay sane.") 

I have typed up 2 pages of novel today. Messy and with plenty of typos, but it's a start. And I love that classic typewriter font.