What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got accepted into University!

I convinced my dad to stay home today, because there are lots cases of coronavirus in their town!

One of my best mates who has been having  chemo and surgery for a nasty cancer had his post treatment scan results today and has been declared cancer free. It doesn’t get much better than that .

Posted Images

• Subscriber
On 6/2/2020 at 8:46 PM, padawanbeck84 said:

A small thing, but I finally got my electronic typewriter working today. It took me half a page to figure out punctuation and I still can't get the margins right, but I finally have a way to type up my novel without being distracted by the internet :)

(Which feels especially important at the moment given how overwhelming and distressing social media can be. As my best friend put it: "My desire to stay informed is at war with my wish to stay sane.") 

I have typed up 2 pages of novel today. Messy and with plenty of typos, but it's a start. And I love that classic typewriter font.

Electronic typewriter? Really is it 1992?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, doctornickriviera said:

Electronic typewriter? Really is it 1992?

In my novel it is only 1990, so you could say I'm using the technology of the time :P 

Also, my computer has a nasty habit of freezing and crashing, so this will help until I can afford to replace it.

• Like 1
  • Subscriber

I finally got my order of two of my favorite Kraftwerk CDs: “Trans Europe Express” and “The Man-Machine”. These are the 2009 remasters which replace my copies from the 80s - purchased in memory of Florian Schneider.

• Like 1
  • Subscriber

On 6/2/2020 at 2:46 PM, padawanbeck84 said:

I love that classic typewriter font.

There is something romantic about pushing the keys and seeing the words form on paper when typing manually.  I love it. 

My good thing:  My 20th anniversary remastered The Johsua Tree box set arrived in the mail today.   I'm excited to watch the DVD.  

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
19 hours ago, dmway said:

I finally got my order of two of my favorite Kraftwerk CDs: “Trans Europe Express” and “The Man-Machine”. These are the 2009 remasters which replace my copies from the 80s - purchased in memory of Florian Schneider.

...and I rediscovered where Bono got his opening line for his Mr. MacPhisto's speeches in 2018 on "The Hall Of Mirrors" from "Trans Europe Express" - I knew I had heard that line before! (See the "What Are You Listening To?" thread.)

• Subscriber

We finally have a first trailer for Bill and Ted Face the Music. And it looks good 🎸🎸🎸

It's always tricky making a sequel so many years after the previous film in a series, but this one looks like it's got the right vibe. It helps that they've got the same writers back on board. 

Now I just hope the cinemas will be open in time. Assuming it still hits the planned August release date...

• Subscriber

Technically this is from last night, but our Star Wars trading card collectors group held a special sketchfest this week to raise money for Black Lives Matter. Last night, the total was announced - and we raised $3,400 US dollars. One of the group moderators posted some screenshots of him making the final donation after we'd sent him our individual contributions.

Everyone who donated will also receive a sketch card from one of the artists in our group. 

It feels good to have been able to help in some small way. And it's lovely to see how our group works together and does positive things like this, whether it's supporting artists with the virtual convention or doing what we can in relation to wider world issues.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1