What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

• Subscriber

I've been able to book tickets for the cinema!!

My local cinema is open again on weekends and not only that, but they're showing one of my favourite films "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure". I've never seen it on the big screen before so I'm especially excited :D

*air guitar*

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got accepted into University!

I convinced my dad to stay home today, because there are lots cases of coronavirus in their town!

One of my best mates who has been having  chemo and surgery for a nasty cancer had his post treatment scan results today and has been declared cancer free. It doesn’t get much better than that .

Posted Images

• Subscriber

I did my first shift back at the library today. It was only for 2 hours, but it was good to be back - and to see some of the regulars. Although my computer was misbehaving and locked me out of my user area! :rolleyes:

People brought so many books back today that the quarantine crate for today is overflowing :lol: 

(We have to put books in boxes and each box has a label of when they were brought back, so we know when it will be safe to put them back on the shelves). 

• Like 1
  • Subscriber

I had a most excellent evening watching one of my favourite films at the cinema for the first time. 

Although I may now be talking like Bill and Ted for the next few days :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

I watched Joe Biden make a great choice for his VP. Congratulations, Kamala Harris!

Biden/Harris - 2020

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Subscriber
14 minutes ago, andryu2 said:

I convinced my dad to stay home today, because there are lots cases of coronavirus in their town!

That is a GREAT thing! Well done! 👍 

• Like 2
  • Subscriber

I had a Covid scare yesterday.  I woke up very sick with a fever.  I called my doctor's office.  Within 30 minutes, my call was returned.  A little over an hour later, I was tested.  6 hours after that,. the test results came back as negative and were in my online medical chart I use.  I feel very fortunate that it was negative.  I also feel fortunate I was able to get such a quick response and even faster results.

Anyhow, I'm sick but it's not Covid. My dog is being extra sweet.  She won't leave my side.  I'm not sure if it's to comfort me or if it's so she has an excuse to be extra naughty on the leash. (lots of baby bunnies this time of year by me)   I'll take it either way.  .Said bunnies are now seeking revenge by running all the way up the block(s) instead of dashing to the other side of the street when they see us coming. 

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1
  • Subscriber

Also - we got permission to have a small, AKC sanctioned dog show at a fellow Irish Terrier person's house.  I'm going out by my IT mentor's house this weekend to start grooming Riri for an official dog show. I had no idea just how much work is involved. I'm not sure I would have entered her had I known.  Lol  She's going to be in the veteran's group.  Not only do I get to show my dog but I'm also going to be her handler.  It's next month and I'm very excited. I'm happy for those who have the younger IT showdogs because they need shows to get points. We're going to be face masking, etc.  

I went on a five state trek to get another Irish Terrier.  His name is Flannigan.  He's five years old.  He is now owned by the person with whom I raised Bruff, my first Irish Terrier.  Riri is being quite the bich to Flannigan.  (literally)   I have had to tear them apart many times.  I got bit three times. Two bites were very nasty. (none was on purpose-put your hand between two dogs fighting and you take a risk, which I knew)   I have since heeded my Irish Terrier mentor's words:   "You dumb ass.  Pull them by the tail instead."   It works!  

We got a great picture of both dogs trying to get up a birch tree so they could munch a squirrel.  It's really cute.  We were told to send it into the IT calendar.  It looks like there's a good chance they are going to be in the North American Irish Terrier calendar for 2021.   I can't express how much better life is now that I have Riri.  I am ecstatic that my buddy now has Flannigan.  I've beome his IT mentor.

• Like 1
  • Subscriber

Also

14 hours ago, dmway said:

I watched Joe Biden make a great choice for his VP. Congratulations, Kamala Harris!

Biden/Harris - 2020

It is a great choice!

• Like 2