What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got accepted into University!

I convinced my dad to stay home today, because there are lots cases of coronavirus in their town!

One of my best mates who has been having  chemo and surgery for a nasty cancer had his post treatment scan results today and has been declared cancer free. It doesn’t get much better than that .

Posted Images

• Subscriber
Posted (edited)
On 8/14/2020 at 9:45 PM, dmway said:

With a good chiropractic adjustment today, my back now feels completely normal again! 👍 

I'd like to go to my chiropractor's too. Last time I went was beginning of last month (as you know, it's something I need very often). The virus has reached 10% of the town population. I can't leave home even for that.

Edited by andryu2
correction
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Subscriber
21 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Glad to hear.

I got my hair cut and stuff.  My eyebrows are no longer seventeen and three-quarters inches long.   😎

I wish I could go to the hairdresser's soon. The situation in Brazil is very scary right now.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Subscriber
29 minutes ago, andryu2 said:

I'd like to go to my chiropractor's too. Last time I went was beginning of last month (as you know, it's something I need very often). The virus has reached 10% of the town population. I can't leave home even for that.

Yes - unfortunately, when a specific location reaches that level of infection, you just have to avoid going out.

Things will get better, hopefully sooner rather than later. 🍀🍀🍀

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1
  • Subscriber
On 8/15/2020 at 9:55 PM, Manohlive said:

My dog does NOT like it when I'm writing.  She now knocks the keyboard and mouse off the couch when I'm not looking.  I come back into the room and there she is lying where I was working.  It's really cute.

Sounds like you need to get a second keyboard to distract her with. Several writer friends have this issue (mainly with cats) and they put second (unplugged) keyboards on their desks and that seems to work.

As for my good thing, I was finally able to get to my local record shop and buy some CDs (and a BluRay) in an actual shop for the first time in 6 months B) That felt good. And one of the CDs was a surprise find as I wasn't expecting to find it in there. They had Pearl Jam's Live on Ten Legs album and it was reduced down to only £2.99! 

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
4 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

Pearl Jam's Live on Ten Legs album and it was reduced down to only £2.99!

Love Pearl Jam and that one.  Last time I saw them live-they did Yeild from start to finish.  I was ecstatic.  Nobody knew they were doing it.   

you need to get a second keyboard

Already tried it.  She couldn't care less about the one I don't use.   Lol   

I think I'm backing out of the dog show.  I don't feel comfortable doing it.  Even at a private home, it does not seem prudent to be having a dog show during a pandemic.  I initially got excited and did not think.  It doesn't seem like a good idea to be gathering with 30-40 people right now,   Sucks but whatcha gonna do?  Good thing is I've become aware and pretty much have decided to let this one go.

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
18 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Love Pearl Jam and that one.  Last time I saw them live-they did Yield from start to finish.  I was ecstatic.  Nobody knew they were doing it.   

Awesome that you've been able to see them live. I have to admit, I only really started getting into their music late last year, so my collection of their albums is small at the moment (literally only Ten, Ten Legs and Gigaton). But it's growing and I'm wondering why the heck I hadn't really listened to them before. Probably because my local radio stations have only ever focused on chart pop, so I never got much chance to hear them until I started exploring on Spotify. I found a digital radio station during lockdown that plays all classic rock and there's lots of PJ on there. 

Woah, just as I'm typing that, Spotify has started to play Superblood Wolfmoon... it freaks me out slightly when it does that :lol:

And for today's good thing - I received another Star Wars sketch in the post today, to add to the collection of sketches of my favourite character 😍  

• Subscriber

(literally only Ten, Ten Legs and Gigaton)

If you like them - Yeild is a must listen.  It is, hands down, my favorite Pearl Jam album.  

• Thanks 1