What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

• Subscriber

Humidity is 79% (finally it's under 80% ... there were days when it was 98% this week ), but unfortunately it's still cold (yes, it can be cold in Southern Brazil). I thought I was going to become a frog!

I miss the dryness of LV.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got accepted into University!

One of my best mates who has been having  chemo and surgery for a nasty cancer had his post treatment scan results today and has been declared cancer free. It doesn’t get much better than that .

I convinced my dad to stay home today, because there are lots cases of coronavirus in their town!

Posted Images

• Subscriber
On 9/23/2020 at 11:46 PM, Manohlive said:

You are studying Portuguese?  That's impressive.  I know Spanish and Italian.  Portuguese is a whole other ball game.  I don't even try to understand when I hear it spoken.  I just listen to the flow.  It's beautiful.  I am going to check out Duolingo.   

Congrats, dmway.  

It's interesting that a lot of people think that Brazilians speak Spanish! 😆

Edited by andryu2
  • Haha 1
  • Subscriber

Filled out my ballot for the November election which seems odd to write.  I got it witnessed and signed.  It is selaed.  It just needs to be delivered, which I'm doing in person to a dropbox asap.  He is fired by me.   

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1
  • Subscriber
On 9/26/2020 at 2:14 AM, Manohlive said:

Filled out my ballot for the November election which seems odd to write.  I got it witnessed and signed.  It is selaed.  It just needs to be delivered, which I'm doing in person to a dropbox asap.  He is fired by me.   

I will be doing the same once mine arrives.

My good thing was reading this headline below.

Joe Biden should say at some point during tonight’s debate, “President Trump, you paid more hush-money to women you (allegedly) had affairs with than you paid in Federal Income Tax for the past 15 years.” That would make my day. 😊

4D687454-2695-4471-90A2-B5B50DE93686.jpeg

Edited by dmway
  • Brilliant 2
  • Subscriber

4D687454-2695-4471-90A2-B5B50DE93686.jpeg

😀😀😀                 He is so screwed.  I've been waiting for something like this to drop.  I've been praying it did before the election.   Look past everything and into his eyes.  The dude is miserable. (no news, just saying)  He bluffed when he ran.  He never thought he'd win the election.  He knew he was in trouble, due to his past,  the moment he did.  He ran to create press so he could find more money.  I'm still wondering if he is even going to make it to the election.  It would not surprise me if he takes the easy way out, takes his ball and goes home.  I will struggle, for the rest of my life, to forgive him for just one of those children being separated from his or her family.  He is cornered and he knows. it. Such is my take on this man.

My good news is that I finally found, and finalized moving into a place where I can live in peace..  I'm moving onto the grounds of an old convent.  It was torn down and a new one built.  They converted some buildings into apartments.  It's run by the Sisters Of Saint Franics.  Yay for me on that one!  It's on a protected woods/wildlife sanctuary. Before I had to give it up, I lived in a house on the other side of these woods.  All of it is my old stomping grounds from much of the time I had  my first Irish Terrier, named Bruff. He loved those woods. Now I can walk my new Irish Terrier in them.  The grounds are beautiful.  Thre are statues.  There is sculpture. There is a grotto, which is huge for me.. There is a long walkway, with pillars and arches which supprt a huge grape vine overhead. Lake Michigan is literally right across the street. They are full but when an apartment opens, it is mine.  It's even in the city of St. Franics. (Yay for me on that one again!).  I've been miserable since I lost my house. I have been trying to find a way to let it go and coudn't. Now i can.  I may not be getting it back but I'm being given a lot more. I'm very, very happy.  

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 2
  • Subscriber
12 hours ago, dmway said:

Joe Biden should say at some point during tonight’s debate, “President Trump, you paid more hush-money to women you (allegedly) had affairs with than you paid in Federal Income Tax for the past 15 years.

I had not thought of that.  Very funny as well.   

• Subscriber

One of the three favorite bands, called Dawes, released their seventh studio today.  That's eight albums, inlcuding one live, in ten years.  I love it.  I knew most of the songs from hearing them at live shows.  I started adding and I think it's over 60 times I've seen them live.  I'm looking forward to the next show.  It's going to be very special when we can start to go see concerts again.  

• Subscriber
On 9/24/2020 at 2:57 PM, andryu2 said:

It's interesting that a lot of people think that Brazilians speak Spanish! 😆

I did not know until I was studying Spanish in college.  I think we presume/assume.

• Haha 1
  • Subscriber

I've just signed up for the Secret Santa that we're running in the Star Wars card trading group over on FB. I like to take part in things like this - like the Christmas Exchange that we have here in the Zoo. I enjoy that aspect of connecting with people through shared interests. 

And given how this year has gone so far, it's nice to be involved with something fun. Let's just hope we can get out to buy the gifts once our swap partners are assigned :lol:

• Subscriber

I received the latest addition to my Star Wars sketch collection in today's post. Another Poe for my focus collection 😍 I'd love to be able post a picture on here, but the file size limit isn't big enough without going through the kerfuffle of resizing it.