What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

• Subscriber

I had the radio interview today, sharing my story along with several other listeners and an expert analyst, who gave advice on how to spot fake news and how to also try and educate friends and family who might be sucked in to believing these things. Hopefully it's done some good for people listening. 

As for politics, we Brits won't get to try and fire our current lot until 2024 or so :( I voted to fire them last year, but sadly not many other people did. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got accepted into University!

The Sun came up, the beach was freezing and me and my hounds had a ball!

I convinced my dad to stay home today, because there are lots cases of coronavirus in their town!

Posted Images

• Subscriber

A friend recommended I check out a certain Grateful Dead album which I bought used on Ebay. It just arrived in the mail and the package seemed heavy for just one CD. I opened it and turns out that the seller included SEVEN bonus CDRs. These are a Willie Nelson radio session, a three disc GD show and a concert by The David Nelson Trio.

Very cool surprise on a Friday 13th.

Edited by CorkVegan
Spelling edit.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Brilliant 1
  • Subscriber
4 hours ago, CorkVegan said:

A friend recommended I check out a certain Grateful Dead album which I bought used on Ebay. It just arrived in the mail and the package seemed heavy for just one CD. I opened it and turns out that the seller included SEVEN bonus CDRs. These are a Willie Nelson radio session, a three disc GD show and a concert by The David Nelson Trio.

Very cool surprise on a Friday 13th.

Sounds like Xmas in November to me! 

• Haha 1
  • Subscriber

This is from yesterday, but I wrapped and posted some early Christmas presents. That felt good, to be spreading a bit of cheerfulness at the end of a turbulent year. One is on the way to a U2 friend, the other is for a Star Wars trading card group friend as part of that group's Secret Santa. I'm relieved (and impressed) that I managed to get out and find suitable gifts before second lockdown started.

Then, on the way back from the post office, I bought 5 packs of F1 trading cards and pulled the silver Limited Edition of my favourite driver :D  That means I've nearly completed the set of the Limited Edition cards. 

• Brilliant 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

The beef knuckles I ordered for my dog arrived today.  She loves them. Thank goodness!  For a year I searched for her perfect toy.  She would not touch any of them.  It turns out all she needs is a blanket (which I had) to play hide/come get me and a good bone.

I got a cashmere sweater that I love and have been watching online for months.  It went on sale for four hours and I nabbed it at over half the original price.  It would have been five times that price in Italy.  It's my haven't bought tickets to any concerts/spent Thanksgiving alone due to pandemic/probably going to spend Christmas staying at home due to pandemic-present to myself.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Subscriber

I forgot to mention that my thrid Thanksgiving meal, from different friends, was delivered this morning.  

I was named executor to an estate. The guy lived there for thirty-five years. He rarely cleaned or organized. His financial matters were even worse. It has been a mess. A major landlord here threatened to have a dumpster delivered on Monday.  His crews were going to, "clear it out and throw all that sh#t away".  Again, my friend was a tenant of the same place for thirty-five years.  I was an absolute ass to the landlord. The idiot had not sent an official eviction notice, which gives me five days, then an additional 28, then the pandemic red tape of doing anything eviction these days. I could tie it up for six months, or more.  We'll be done in about a week, which is within the 60 days, which are allowed by my state's law.  At one point, I told his right hand man to be quiet so I say how it all was going to be.  I could hear him seathing as he shut up and listened. The dumpster is canceled. He thinks it's going to take another month for us to be finished. It will not.  What a dummy.  His threat gave me an excuse to not even try and clean. He's getting the largest part of the mess. We're not even moving the furniture. He can do it. I can walk away and he has no financial recourse. It was a well coordinated effort, involving many people who loved the person who passed.  We did well by him. 

Edited by Manohlive
  • Subscriber

It's beautiful outside on the western shores of Lake Michigan, after a few weeks of nasty November storms.  We always get them.  I'm ready for snow.  (remind me of the latter in January)   😊

I somehow missed Schitt's Creek.  I'm a huge Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara fan.  I've been watching it on Netflix.  Oh my gosh, is it funny.   "If anyone knows the value of a woman's bag on the streets, it's David."    GOLD    I can't stop laughing.   I'm glad I missed six seasons.  I get them now.

• Subscriber
On 11/13/2020 at 10:56 AM, CorkVegan said:

Willie Nelson radio session

Anything of note on this session?   My uncles liked Willie way before Nashville would recognize him.  I grew up listening to him and others.  I love Willie Nelson.   Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain is a favorite all time record. 

• Like 1