What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Anything of note on this session?   My uncles liked Willie way before Nashville would recognize him.  I grew up listening to him and others.  I love Willie Nelson.   Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain is a favorite all time record. 

It's an NPR session from 2002 and not at all what I expected from Willie. Just acoustic guitar, electric guitar, stand up bass and a small drum kit. The songs are all slow and jazzy. A very cool, chilled out vibe that brings Christmas to mind for some reason.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Sun came up, the beach was freezing and me and my hounds had a ball!

I got accepted into University!

...and I was just given confirmation by email that my vote for this primary was received and tabulated today! Consider this a small blow against the tyranny expressed by those who would prevent u

Posted Images

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, CorkVegan said:

It's an NPR session from 2002 and not at all what I expected from Willie. Just acoustic guitar, electric guitar, stand up bass and a small drum kit. The songs are all slow and jazzy. A very cool, chilled out vibe that brings Christmas to mind for some reason.

sounds nice.  

• Subscriber

It became apparent something was very wrong with my dog on Friday night.  It persisted through the weekend.  At first, I feared chicken bones.  She had found some outside. I pulled a leg bone out of the back of her mouth.  Little shyte put up quite the fight letting go of it.  As it turns out, she got too rowdy and must have pulled something.  She is still not jumping.  We were just outside.  She saw a rabbit.  The IT rodent ballet has returned.  I had to reign her in so she still heals.  (whew and thanks) 

• Subscriber

I couldn't take part in this year's exchange, but I've done it in past years and it's always fun - and lovely to see everyone's cards from around the world. 

My good thing for today is that I'm finally going to redecorate my bedroom. It's been the same colour for 20 years now and I decided it was about time it was brighter and a bit more cheerful-looking. At the DIY shop, the paints on the shelf were mostly very pale, safe kind of colours; lots of very pale blue, pale yellow, very pale browns and how many different kinds of white/cream paint can you get? :lol: But they have one of those machines to custom make other colours - and the display on the wall opposite has those little test card things. so all I had to do was take one of the cards to the mixing station and a member of staff was able to make it a lot quicker than I expected. 

I also ordered the new Bill and Ted tabletop game as a Christmas present to myself. I'm not sure if the local hobby shop has a deal on products from that manufacturer, or whether it was because it's a new release, but I got a 10% discount on my order B) I should be able to collect it next week.

• Upvote 1
  • Subscriber
On 12/8/2020 at 5:15 PM, padawanbeck84 said:

I couldn't take part in this year's exchange, but I've done it in past years and it's always fun - and lovely to see everyone's cards from around the world. 

My good thing for today is that I'm finally going to redecorate my bedroom. It's been the same colour for 20 years now and I decided it was about time it was brighter and a bit more cheerful-looking. At the DIY shop, the paints on the shelf were mostly very pale, safe kind of colours; lots of very pale blue, pale yellow, very pale browns and how many different kinds of white/cream paint can you get? :lol: But they have one of those machines to custom make other colours - and the display on the wall opposite has those little test card things. so all I had to do was take one of the cards to the mixing station and a member of staff was able to make it a lot quicker than I expected. 

I also ordered the new Bill and Ted tabletop game as a Christmas present to myself. I'm not sure if the local hobby shop has a deal on products from that manufacturer, or whether it was because it's a new release, but I got a 10% discount on my order B) I should be able to collect it next week.

Redecorating is a huge good thing, especially now!  Almost everyone I know is so overwhelmed to the point of paralysis. Fair play to you for taking on that project!

I hope you'll keep us updated because I could personally use the inspiration.  I’m still trying to refinish my hardwood floors—I only pulled up the carpet a couple of years ago.  Seriously.  I took on too many home projects at once (painting, refinishing cabinets, pulling up linoleum, etc.) it would have been a not so smart move for anyone, but I’m not a DIY person, have painted precisely one wall my entire life, and the most complex tool I’ve ever used is a drill.

The cabinets did turn out really well, so there’s that. 😄

Seriously, I really want updates! I’d love to see how things turn out.  I keep swearing that 2021 is the year I get this house together, but I’m one of the every one I know suffering from emotional paralysis.

But who knows? Your post prompted me to put up new kitchen curtains, so it could all happen. So apparently the good thing that happened to me is that I read your post! 😃

Thank you for the uplift!  

• Like 1
  • Subscriber

My copy of BOY (RSD white vinyl edition) arrived today. I was fortunate enough to buy it online from a record store who charged retail price. Otherwise it was the resellers on Ebay who want way too much. It sounds fantastic. Adam's bass comes through loud and clear.