What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Sun came up, the beach was freezing and me and my hounds had a ball!

I got accepted into University!

...and I was just given confirmation by email that my vote for this primary was received and tabulated today! Consider this a small blow against the tyranny expressed by those who would prevent u

Posted Images

My good thing is actually a memory.  Twenty three years ago I saw U2 in concert and the show was actually the final concert in the Seattle Kingdome. 

I remember still remember being amped (instead of the usual tired) up on my way to show after going to dinner at Westlake center and seeing so many bandmember look a likes at the venue.

In fact, when I boarded the Seattle Metro it was standing room only and I came face to face with a guy dressed up as Larry Mullin Jr. LOL

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Brilliant 2
  • Subscriber

Aww, thank you @Tabitha_Coverstone My room will be a nice bright green colour once it's done, although I have to empty my bookcases and take some posters down first. 

Also, in good things (from Friday), my Bill and Ted game arrived already! I wasn't expecting to collect it until this week, but it came early - and I really like it. Whoever wrote the rule book really "gets" the vibe (and dialogue) of the films, although I lost my first attempt at playing :lol: In fairness, I am still learning what each of the characters can do and the special abilities each one has. The expansion pack had more models for the Personages of Historical Significance - and I really want to paint them, as they're currently plain grey, but I need to look up if they're meant to be painted and what paint would be safe to use. 

• Subscriber

I came across a copy of "Medium, Rare & Remastered" on Discogs that was listed as being in near mint condition. The price was within reason so I took a gamble. 

It arrived today and looks almost new. Played and handled seldomly by the looks of things. I'm going to wrap it and put it under the tree addressed to me from Santa. 🎅🤶

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

I received some unexpected trading cards in today's post! I have 2 sketch cards en route, but these are not sketches - and they're not from either of the people I'm buying the sketches from. 

I think it may be related to the group admin saying that he would try and organise something to make up for my missing Secret Santa parcel. That's currently being investigated by my local Royal Mail depot as a possible theft, but the group member who organised that assured me he would try and sort out some kind of consolation. 

The cards are limited edition, numbered parallels of my favourite character - and from the latest Star Wars set B) 

The Secret Santa may have gone missing, but now I'm getting Secret Poe Post :D

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...