What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

• Subscriber

I've been out of commission.  I'm catching up on news.  I just read there is a task force to reunite the families my country separated under our last administration.  I knew President Biden would do something, but I was still nervous.  This is best news.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/feb/02/biden-to-launch-task-force-to-reunite-families-separated-at-us-mexico-border

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Sun came up, the beach was freezing and me and my hounds had a ball!

I got accepted into University!

I just renewed.... obviously the mighty  Fly won’t let a Covid 19 pandemic prevent an incoming ZooTV 30th anniversary tour......would he?    ‘you didn’t come all the way out here to catch TB

Posted Images

• Subscriber
On 2/16/2021 at 2:28 PM, Manohlive said:

I've been out of commission.  I'm catching up on news.  I just read there is a task force to reunite the families my country separated under our last administration.  I knew President Biden would do something, but I was still nervous.  This is best news.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/feb/02/biden-to-launch-task-force-to-reunite-families-separated-at-us-mexico-border

It is a step in a good direction, there is a long way to go:01_ATYCLB:

• Upvote 1
  • Subscriber

😷I found a 🔑

I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed and burntout and I found some escape reading a very good mystery novel that has introduced me to a new concept called the 'Near Enemy'.  It is a Buddhist teaching about the near enemy of a 'virtue' and manifests as an opposing effect. For example Love / Attachment , Compassionately/Pity,

Equanimity/Indifference. As a human being and an activist this can be a key concept in forming equitable solutions for longstanding problems.

It requires a new filter in the prevention if iatrogenesis.

💟

Edited by hestia
Forgot my mask & appreciate the emojis
  • Like 1
  • Subscriber

I just walked my dog outside.  We had a LOT of snow in a very short amount of time.  For almost a week, I've been stomping down 2-3 feet of snow to form a track for her to walk.  There is no room elsewhere.  The sidewalks are like canyons of ice and snow.  This track is between 1/3 and 1/4 mile long.  It just got finished!  No more wet boots and pant legs.

I also woke up without a major migraine cycling.  It's the first time in almost three weeks.  My sinuses are still a mess but I could walk outside in the sunlight, as long as I wear my 😎

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Subscriber
On 2/9/2021 at 2:31 PM, doctornickriviera said:

visit Milwaukee but I heard the locals were very challenging

I know.  They pi$$ me off all the time.   🤪

• Subscriber

I will now finally have music in the new car B)

We replaced our car recently and the new one doesn't have a CD player. So I had to buy a USB stick and put my music on that. I've previously only used a USB stick for documents, so I had no idea how much music I would be able to fit on one. So I bought two.

Only to find that, even with a sizeable chunk of my music collection saved onto a stick, it barely takes up about 2GB. And makes my collection feel puny :lol: Admittedly, not all of my CDs are saved to Media Player yet, but I can always add them to the stick later. 

I don't go anywhere at the moment anyway, but when things start to get back to normal, I am going to be able to rock out to my favourite tunes just as much as I did in the old car :D

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1
  • Subscriber

CD players being phased out no longer provided in many new vehicles.  Surprised to learn this when I purchased a new truck recently.  CD's going obsolete in favor of USB devices and music streaming services thru smart phones. 

GM provides so-called infotainment system with Bluetooth connectivity including USB and USB-C ports.  Options to consider for playing tunes in my new Silverado pickup.  And no AUX-IN port provided.  However SiriusXM home/vehicle kit can be played without AUX-IN by synchronizing satellite and truck radio FM frequencies.

2020 Chev Silverado 1500 RST infotainment3_e.jpg

U2 X-Radio 2021-Feb-15.jpg

2020 Chev Silverado 1500 RST 2020-Dec-21_b_e.jpg

Edited by Ducastista_992
  • Like 1