What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

illumination70

• Subscriber
On 3/13/2021 at 7:34 PM, Ducastista_992 said:

60F

We went from 60 to a winter storm in two days.   👎

The covid vaccine made me very sick for five days.  It's still got me down but I feel better.  It did set off a bad cycling of migraines. If you get them or know someone who does, It might be a good idea to take migraine preventatives before, or shortly after the vaccine. I was playing catch up with preventatives.  I wish I had known, so I am posting.

• Like 1

• Subscriber

I've enjoyed my studying today. 

I have nearly finished the Basic Geometry chapter in the Maths textbook I'm gradually working through. I knew about angles in a triangle and in a square, but some of the other stuff in the chapter was new to me. Or if it wasn't, I'd forgotten it since school :lol: 

Today involved learning about (and practising) constructing triangles. The abbreviations are not as scary as they look once you learn what they mean. And I feel quite scientific now that I can use them  B)

I will hopefully finish the last two exercises tomorrow. I was planning on skipping chapter 4 and going straight to chapter 5 as 4 looks tricky, but I'm feeling brave, so will at least attempt chapter 4. The symmetry part is simple enough, and maybe the later bit won't be quite as bad when I get to it. 

Maths is a lot more enjoyable when I can study it at my own pace. No grades to worry about, just see how far I can go through the book while we're all at home.  

(Also: Dear spellchecker, stop underlining Maths. It's not a spelling mistake. I'm British. We spell it with an "s" on the end. Deal with it :P

• Like 1

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Manohlive said:

The covid vaccine made me very sick for five days.  It's still got me down but I feel better.  It did set off a bad cycling of migraines. If you get them or know someone who does, It might be a good idea to take migraine preventatives before, or shortly after the vaccine. I was playing catch up with preventatives.  I wish I had known, so I am posting.

I'm glad you're feeling better. Another U2 friend over on FB has had a similar experience with her vaccination, so you're not the only one. At least you know your body is learning how to protect you against Covid if you do ever come into contact with it :)

Still another 6 weeks until my Dad can have his second dose. He had his first one a month ago, but over here, you have 10-12 weeks between them. Which is annoying, but it does mean more people are having first doses, so getting at least partial protection. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, doctornickriviera said:

Hmmm My government has decided that it wants more nukes and less freedom today.......

It's almost as if they want to see how much they can annoy people... And we still have about 3 more years of them :( If I had the money to emigrate, I would have done so already. Cursing that I can't, as I hate the direction our country is taking. 

• Sad 1

• Subscriber
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, padawanbeck84 said:

(Also: Dear spellchecker, stop underlining Maths. It's not a spelling mistake. I'm British. We spell it with an "s" on the end. Deal with it :P

I didn't know that's how you spell maths. There, it's underlined again.  SC does the same with Zootopia.    🙃

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, doctornickriviera said:

They have a landslide and are killing it in the opinion polls ATM. 
you make your bed. Obviously a vegetable growing pascifist as PM would have been a threat to national security........

People do like their suffering 😒

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Actually, you did the right thing by not taking such medication in advance.

All vaccines create an inflammatory response in the body. It is this very inflammatory process that helps give people their immunity. The CDC has even put refraining from such medications in their recommendations (see the "Helpful Tips" section near the top of this webpage) :

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/expect/after.html

Yes, it sucks while you are feeling it (I'm usually down for the count for 48 hours after a vaccine), but it's important not to medicate preemptively. By all means, take what you need to take after you get the reaction from the vaccine - you did the right thing by not taking any meds beforehand.

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1