What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

• Subscriber
Posted (edited)

Got a hood protector installed on my new truck today.  Helps to prevent rock damage.  And looks pretty cool.  Critically important stuff. 🙂

Silverado 1500 RST 2021-Mar-16_b.jpg

Silverado 1500 RST 2021-Mar-16_a.jpg

Edited by Ducastista_992
  • Like 3
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got accepted into University!

The Sun came up, the beach was freezing and me and my hounds had a ball!

I convinced my dad to stay home today, because there are lots cases of coronavirus in their town!

Posted Images

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, dmway said:

but it's important not to medicate preemptively.

I was talking about Triptans, not NSAIDS.  It's a different class of medication, which is prescribed by a doctor to stop them from starting in the first place.   I wish I had given myself a shot of sumatiptan before I got the vaccination.  That's just me.  Each of us has to make his or her own decisions. 

Dmway is right in saying they are not recommending the use of NSAIDS to prevent side effects from the vaccine.

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, Ducastista_992 said:

Got a hood protector installed on my new truck today.  Helps to prevent rock damage.  And looks pretty cool.  Critically important stuff. 🙂

Silverado 1500 RST 2021-Mar-16_b.jpg

Silverado 1500 RST 2021-Mar-16_a.jpg

We went from 60 degrees to winter weather advisories in 48 hours. Seeing as how you have the heavy equipment, could you please stop those nasty Spring weather fronts on your side of our continent's divide from hitting mine?   😛

I started giving my Irish Terrier a proper grooming.  She stood in place and let me do it, without a nip or complaint.  I did not need the grooming table or a leash or even her collar.  I've got hours of work left but her face is all cleaned up for St Patrick's Day.  I just pulled hair that was a couple inches long out of her ears.  I got no fight.  She put her right paw over my wrist and looked me straight in the eye while I did it.  Reverse psychology! 

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
Posted (edited)

^^^

Weather's been good around here lately, bad weather has to go somewhere. 😉

Dogs are cool.  My Golden Retriever sure enriched my life. :18_LYLM:

Edited by Ducastista_992
  • Subscriber

My friends who are HIV positive can start to get vaccinated on Monday.  They are included with a massive group of newly eligible people.   The appointments are now very few, far between and disappear as you make them.  I got one of my two best friends, who is working and unable to make one, an appointment. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Subscriber
10 hours ago, dmway said:

I read this story, and it made me laugh 😆 :

https://consequenceofsound.net/2021/03/people-keep-punching-wax-trump/

And now it's made me laugh too. I imagine it's quite good as a stress reliever  :lol:

Given what a horrendous mess his time in office was, there are several million people who would like to punch him in the face.

It also reminds me of the German version of Madame Tussaud's, where their historical figures section used to include a wax Hitler. He had to be removed as people protested against him being included, to the point where visitors attacked and decapitated the model. Not once, but about 3 times. Eventually the museum got the point, removed the figure and apologised for including him in the first place. 

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 2
  • Subscriber
On 3/16/2021 at 7:35 PM, dmway said:

it's important not to medicate preemptively.

I did some more reading. It never dawned on me that people might take NSAIDS so the shot doesn't hurt. I didn't know people were being such babies but of course they are.  Stubbing one's toe in the middle of the night hurts like mofo. Do those same people wear shoes to bed just in case?    😎

NSAIDS are considered a rescue med with migraines.  Preventatives are Triptans, DHE and others that help stop migraines. I suggested the preventatives for people with migraines because the lights set off a major cycle befofe I even got the shot.  FYI for anyone with aura/photophobia with migraines.  

I spoke with medical professionals and assume others will do the same.  

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

Given what a horrendous mess his time in office was, there are several million people who would like to punch him in the face.

No need.  He's created his own eartly hell.  That dude is, or will be, miserable for a very long time.  He has no business success.  He has no Presidential success. He's not on TV. He can't tweet.  Without a spotlight for deflection, he's a miserable failure and he knows it. 

19 hours ago, dmway said:

Several friends are going to get a good laugh from this, dmway. I roared when I saw it. Thanks for posting.  Part of me wants to send the link to the people who kept sending me pro Trump crap these past few years.  

My good thing is I am starting to feel better. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Subscriber
Posted (edited)

Spring Equinox today!  1st day of Spring! 🌞 🌜 

:u2-1383:

Twp Rd.jpg

When it's springtime in the Rockies
I'm coming back to you
Little sweetheart of the mountains
With your bonnie eyes of blue...                           

:Zoo_Hat::Zoo_Guitar: