What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got accepted into University!

The Sun came up, the beach was freezing and me and my hounds had a ball!

I convinced my dad to stay home today, because there are lots cases of coronavirus in their town!

Posted Images

• Subscriber

I'm really enjoying your photos @Ducastista_992

My good thing for today is that I finished sorting my Spotify Star Wars playlist into in-universe chronological order. 

385 tracks so far, although it's not totally complete as I still have some Clone Wars Final Series tracks to add and have only just started adding The Mandalorian soundtracks to it. To confuse things further, the original trilogy scores have at least two versions of their soundtracks and many of the others have duplicate versions on Spotify for no apparent reason.

At least with all this time at home, I have plenty of time for my geeky playlist projects :)

• Like 2
  • Subscriber

Kananaskis expedition Cougar warning 2021-Mar-22_f.jpg

I was in Florida and heard a panther cry/roar/whatever one does.  It was at night.  Very cool until I realized it was midnight, I was two miles from where I was staying and I was the only thing walking on that long dark road. Great pics but now I'm worried about Bambi.  

My good thing is I talked to my Godmother, who has Alzheimer's and was able to get her to remember a lot of things. I'm really good at it.  We also talked about corona, Trump, Biden and some quite deep Catholic theology. She was instrumental in my becoming Catholic when I was 25 years of age.  (Yes, I willingly chose it.)   Helping her remember the Hail Mary, which I'm doing pretty much every night, is one of the most precious things I'll ever do.  She taught me a lot of that stuff and here I am returning the favor.  It's beautiful and it's very humbling.   

• Like 4
  • Subscriber
3 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

geeky playlist projects

Zootpians aren't geeky.  We're passionate!  We're also very cool.   😁

• Thanks 1
  • Brilliant 1
  • Subscriber

I finished the third chapter of my maths textbook today. It was quite straightforward in the end. 

And I'm feeling confident enough to work through the next chapter instead of skipping it. So I shall start that tomorrow. 

I also finished reading Pliny's Natural History, which was very interesting. Although it says my edition is "A Selection" rather than the whole thing, so now I'm going to try and find out if there is a more complete version available. I'm impressed that it mentions places as far away from Rome as the Hebrides and Orkney Islands, all the way to Bahrain and Sri Lanka as well as China and India. And they may even have known about Iceland, if that's the place they referred to as "Thule", although I'm not sure it was inhabited in Roman times. 

And Pliny appears to have been something of an early environmentalist, worrying about excessive consumerism and the impact on the natural world. 

• Like 3
  • Subscriber
Posted (edited)

I had a phone-call from the local GP surgery about half an hour ago to offer me an appointment for my first Covid vaccination.

Surprised me as I had no idea I was eligible. I thought they were still doing the 50-60 age group - but then I realise it may be because I'm registered with the local autism centre. Some of my friends are autistic and had recently had their first doses. I don't have a formal diagnosis, but I am in the middle of the assessment process (still - I was supposed to have the second part of my assessment some time last year, but the centre had to shut for most of the year due to Covid and lockdown rules). 

So I'm thinking they've worked their way through people registered as being autistic and may now be vaccinating those of us still under assessment as well. Which is very nice of them :) 

And I have an appointment for later this week :D

Edited by padawanbeck84
Adding information
  • Like 1
  • Brilliant 3
  • Subscriber
Posted (edited)

Working from home today watched U2 Experience + Innocence Live In Berlin DVD.  Awesome performance! 

Hoping like heck to attend a concert like that aren't we all?  Get tickets I'm gone. :Zoo_Plane:

Edited by Ducastista_992
  • Like 2
  • Subscriber

I actually heard “Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way” in the supermarket! 😊

I certainly didn’t expect to hear it there, but it really was on the PA there. Maybe it will happen again someday; in any case, it was nice that it happened once.

• Like 4