What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

• Subscriber

My parents, my brother and my sister got the first dose of Covid vaccine already!

I'm waiting for mine now, which I think will be happening by the end of year, considering the incompetence of our president in dealing with the pandemic.

• Upvote 3
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Sun came up, the beach was freezing and me and my hounds had a ball!

I got accepted into University!

One of my best mates who has been having  chemo and surgery for a nasty cancer had his post treatment scan results today and has been declared cancer free. It doesn’t get much better than that .

Posted Images

• Subscriber

I had my first Covid vaccination this morning.

It looks like the health service in my town may well have already got round to doing my whole age group - and there was a good, steady stream of people coming in to get theirs, so hopefully that means most people in the area are accepting the vaccine when they're called for it.

It was very quick and I barely even felt the needle. Nothing to worry about at all :) 

I have the appointment sorted for the second dose - and it's just after my birthday. My present for this year is being protected from Covid.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Subscriber

Just got a phone call from work and they are scheduling vaccinations for the staff. I'm getting the J&J shot next Thursday. Unless the boss is pulling an outrageous April Fool's prank that is. 🤔

• Upvote 3
  • Subscriber
10 hours ago, CorkVegan said:

Feel grateful that no matter what today brings I probably won't have to fight an angry octopus.

That story amused me too! 😄

Octopi are not to be messed with... 🐙

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Subscriber
On 4/1/2021 at 12:41 PM, CorkVegan said:

Just got a phone call from work and they are scheduling vaccinations for the staff. I'm getting the J&J shot next Thursday. Unless the boss is pulling an outrageous April Fool's prank that is. 🤔

That's the one I would like to get. One dose and you are protected!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Subscriber

After 4 months we returned to church today for in-house services for Easter Sunday which is also the anniversary of MLK's death.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
Posted (edited)

I got my second Moderna vaccination today.  While I was getting it, I got a text saying one of my favorite bands, Dawes, just announced a tour.  I'll be seeing at least three of those shows and they always announce more for Spring.  They are even coming to a venue I can walk to, drink and safely walk home.  Normally, I've got quite a drive and cannot drink. That's six concerts in my future, including these three Dawes shows.  

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 3
  • Brilliant 1
  • Subscriber

I also got a new couch.  It was a great deal and is being custom made.  This one is wide enough that my dog can lie with me on it.  The one I have is not. 

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1
  • Subscriber
On 4/2/2021 at 7:48 AM, CorkVegan said:

Feel grateful that no matter what today brings I probably won't have to fight an angry octopus.

I did not know one could do that from such a distance.  Fast little bugger.  Sounds like it was vindictive too, from what the article said.