What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I got my second Moderna vaccination today.  While I was getting it, I got a text saying one of my favorite bands, Dawes, just announced a tour.  I'll be seeing at least three of those shows and they always announce more for Spring.  They are even coming to a venue I can walk to, drink and safely walk home.  Normally, I've got quite a drive and cannot drink. That's six concerts in my future, including these three Dawes shows.  

Lucky you. I guess I'll be vaccinated by the end of the year!

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Sun came up, the beach was freezing and me and my hounds had a ball!

I got accepted into University!

...and I was just given confirmation by email that my vote for this primary was received and tabulated today! Consider this a small blow against the tyranny expressed by those who would prevent u

Posted Images

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, andryu2 said:

Lucky you. I guess I'll be vaccinated by the end of the year!

I'm watching the news I can find about what is happening in Brazil.  I hope you get the vaccines sooner.  From what they are saying here, you have a very good medical system in place to allow vaccinations.  That's through new reports so pardon me if I am misquoting.  I'm begging the powers that be to help everyone get vaccinated; multiple times a day and I'm being obnoxious about it.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
On 4/1/2021 at 8:29 AM, padawanbeck84 said:

I had my first Covid vaccination this morning.

Did the shot make you sick?   I hope not.  

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Manohlive said:

I'm watching the news I can find about what is happening in Brazil.  I hope you get the vaccines sooner.  From what they are saying here, you have a very good medical system in place to allow vaccinations.  That's through new reports so pardon me if I am misquoting.  I'm begging the powers that be to help everyone get vaccinated; multiple times a day and I'm being obnoxious about it.  🙂

Yes, we have a (not so) good medical system. It's for everybody and you don't need to pay anything for it, which is great! Part of the population prefers to pay for health care (like me), but it's optional.The vaccines offered here are Sinovac and Aztrazeneca (so far) and it's still in the elderly group. Since we have a large population of young and middle aged people, it's not gonna happen that soon .... I hope I will get it asap, but I don't think it will happen before September.

• Upvote 1
  • Subscriber
On 4/13/2021 at 6:50 PM, Manohlive said:

Did the shot make you sick?   I hope not.  

I had very few side effects. Some cold shivers the first night after the vaccination and I felt a bit fatigued the day after, but nothing really apart from that. I know some people have felt feverish and had cold/flu-like side effects, but I didn't.

My good thing for today is that I managed to have a day out to another town. I returned some library books, borrowed 2 more and bought 2 more books from an independent bookshop that's one of my favourites. I also got to visit one of my favourite comic shops and catch up with the owners for the first time in months, as well as buying a Star Wars graphic novel to add to my collection :) 

Then to round things off, I treated myself to lunch at a cafe in the town, seeing as we are allowed to sit and have meals at outdoor tables. Luckily, the weather was sunny enough for that today.

It just felt so good to actually go somewhere - and to be able to chat to other people, talking to the staff in the library and the shops. 

• Like 2
  • Subscriber

I was wise enough to send my dog elsewhere until I recover from the second vaccination.  I'm not so much sick as I feel like I'm 192 years old.  (at least)   I'm back to deciding which is greater:  my need to get up to use the bathroom or my desire to not make a move and do absolutely nothing.   It's ridiculous.  I wanna slap myself, say get up and do something, ya little birch.  I'm too tired.   🤣

• Haha 2
  • Subscriber
4 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I was wise enough to send my dog elsewhere until I recover from the second vaccination.  I'm not so much sick as I feel like I'm 192 years old.  (at least)   I'm back to deciding which is greater:  my need to get up to use the bathroom or my desire to not make a move and do absolutely nothing.   It's ridiculous.  I wanna slap myself, say get up and do something, ya little birch.  I'm too tired.   🤣

Good observations to note - my Dad gets his second dose of the Moderna vaccine this coming Sunday. He had no observable side effects after the first dose (however, knowing my Dad, he would have done his very best not to show it if he had felt anything wrong - oh, those Baby Boomers...); however, the public reporting has been saying consistently that the side effects after the second dose are much more numerous/potent. You seem to be feeling that. I'll be vigilant on Sunday.

Feel better/less lethargic as soon as you can!

• Thanks 1
  • Brilliant 1
  • Subscriber

I am happy to report that I now have tickets to three Dawes shows.   The first presale sold out yesterday (weird) before I could get tickets.  I got in another and got tix for Chicago.  I'm also thinking of going for broke and going to Nashville to see them at the Ryman Auditorium, which is the old Grand Ole Opry.  Fellow fans are doing a VIP package where you get a pic and a private show during soundcheck, etc.  I don't know.  I feel weird meeting famous people as a fan.  It's odd.  I've known famous people but never like that so I'm very leery.  Anyhow, three Dawes shows and counting.  I am psyched.  $42 with service charges.  Gotta love that. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1