What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

illumination70

• Subscriber
On 5/14/2021 at 10:32 PM, Ducastista_992 said:

Picked up my new boat today. 🐟🌞

new boat_2 2021-May-14.jpg

new boat_1 2021-May-14.jpg

Congrats!  What a beauty.  It looks fast and fun. 

• Thanks 1

• Subscriber
Posted (edited)

Today is the Feast of Pentecost for us Catholics.   I am celebrating my 34th anniversary of being a Catholic.  I was twenty-five years old when I converted and was confirmed.  I knew it would be a huge challenge.  I disagree with, and have my own faith rocked by many of the hypocrites who lead my Church. They are fools drunk on power.

Today ends the Easter season for the Catholic Church.  This one was a rough for me.  I've never been more challenged  by my Church.  I made it positive and grew. They keep pointing fingers and calling me a sinner for being what God created me.  I do not care.  Without my faith, I am nothing.  Holy Week was really hard this year but I didn't run.  Thank God for the ability to turn the other cheek and grow.

My godfather, who is my closest person ever, celebrated mass today at our Cathedral, which is my parish. Today is his 52 anniversary of being a priest.  It's also the day he first celebrated mass, as a priest.  After 18 months of him having to stay in his apartment, separated from the people he loves to serve; he was able to go out and put the Host into the hands of parishioners. Seeing him do that is one of the most beautiful things I've ever witnessed.

SO:  All you bishops and cardinals and whomever else likes to zoom in on the specks of others: You blew a hold in me but I didn't bleed out. I am not abandoning my Church no matter what you decide to toss next time.  I'm living proof you are wrong. 

I'm not pushing my faith.  They came at me hard and this is my deflection before Easter ends.  I'm letting my anger go.

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 3

• Subscriber

@Manohlive What an emotional moment that must have been for your godfather, to finally be able to officiate a mass again after so long away from everyone. I'm happy for you that you were able to be there.

And I'm no expert on Catholicism, but the priests pointing fingers ought to reflect on the fact that they are supposed to "love thy neighbour" and respect and support *all* of their congregation. Not just those who are the same as them. Priests/bishops etc should not be hateful towards anyone. If they are, then in my view, they're not properly following what Jesus taught, which was a message of peace, love and helping each other.

As you say, if God made you as you are, then who you are cannot be wrong. You keep on being you - and have a good rest of your Sunday :) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
31 minutes ago, dmway said:

I finally got my 2nd dose of the Pfizer vaccine today! Two weeks until maximum immunity now…

56C28295-8CD6-491F-B408-FC696A2606B1.jpeg

Congrats. That's awesome.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Subscriber

After being closed for nearly 6 months, I finally got to go back to the library today to get everything ready for our reopening tomorrow :D

People had still been dropping books off at the community centre during the closure, so we've filled a quarantine box already. And the books that *had* been in quarantine had been there since December. I *think* it's safe for those ones to go back on the shelves now :lol:

There were also 18 requests that had come in while we've been closed and we managed to find 16 of them B)  

• Like 3

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

After being closed for nearly 6 months, I finally got to go back to the library today to get everything ready for our reopening tomorrow :D

People had still been dropping books off at the community centre during the closure, so we've filled a quarantine box already. And the books that *had* been in quarantine had been there since December. I *think* it's safe for those ones to go back on the shelves now :lol:

There were also 18 requests that had come in while we've been closed and we managed to find 16 of them B)  

I'm so glad that in some parts of the globe things are gradually reopening and getting back to normal.

While in Brazil, we are about to get a third wave (according to cientists).

Now, 6 months and a half is the estimate time for me to be vaccinated!