What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

illumination70

• Subscriber
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, andryu2 said:

While in Brazil, we are about to get a third wave (according to cientists).

I'm sorry you have to wait so long while people here refuse to get vaccinated. It's not fair.

My good thing is that I saw a dog off a leash and running up to mine. (NOT good)   Instinct kicked in and I lifted my dog up off the ground.  The other dog came leaping at me, thinking it was all play. Mine turned into Godzilla and King Kong combined. She turned twice her size in my arms. "She's gonna tear that dog to pieces and I'll be the one suing you for damages if you don't put that thing on a leash now."  I'm not sure which was worse; her demonic growls or my hiss. You threaten and piss off an alpha Irish Terrier, they are not gonna back down no matter how big the threat may be. Put their master between and it is war with one winner. Things could easily have turned tragic. It was very unnerving but all is okay.  Riri did well.  She was vicious but did not try and get out of my arms.  I'm very proud of her.

Another good thing:

My city hosts the largest Irish Festival in North America every summer.  Last year's was cancelled.  This year's fest is happening in August. I'm being given a space to bring Riri to the festival. It's a logistical nightmare. The city, the festival and the AKC all have their own set of rules due to the pandemic. A friend is doing a great job of making it happen so we can represent Irish Terriers at the festival.  My male died a few years back. I did not have one for a couple Irish Fests.  Now I do.  I am super excited. Guinness on tap, the best music, we get our own roped off section to represent Irish Terriers and I can walk to it.

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 2

• Subscriber

After a Covid-enforced delay, I finally have a date for the next part of my autism assessment.

I had the first appointment in November 2019 and they said then it might take up to a year. Obviously that was before Covid came along and forced face-to-face appointments to be cancelled for ages. 

But I had an email yesterday, and have now confirmed times and dates. It feels like I'm getting closer to hopefully getting some answers. And support. 

• Like 2

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

I had the first appointment in November 2019

I remember. 

I got through another day of bad migraines.  It was gorgeous here today and now we go on another 30 degrees drop in temperatures.  The joy is indescribable...   👎

• Subscriber

I got to have a pre-birthday day out at a Book Farm. Which is pretty much as it sounds - a big bookshop in a converted farmhouse. I found nearly 20 books - and they did not cost as much as my Dad was expecting :D

I even found something U2-related - the book which accompanied the release of the Rattle and Hum film. 

We were also able to have lunch there, which was just as well as it took about 5 hours for me to browse around everything. Can't beat a huge bookshop. 

• Like 1

• Subscriber
On 5/23/2021 at 8:21 PM, dmway said:

I finally got my 2nd dose of the Pfizer vaccine today! Two weeks until maximum immunity now…

56C28295-8CD6-491F-B408-FC696A2606B1.jpeg

…and I got a new shirt to celebrate:

9C8EDD46-BE01-42AE-AB24-677E2C90BB8C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 2
  • Haha 1

• Subscriber

I have a severe migraine cycle that's been going for at least nine days. I've been sitting in the dark with my hands over my eyes and hallucinating bright lights.  It sucks but I've been able to stay in a relatively good mood.  I could not eat much for two or three days.  I ate twice today and tacos for tonight are prepped. It's supposed to start clearing, get warmer tomorrow and hit 70 degrees on Memorial Day. (21C)  The wind chill was 36 degrees earlier. (2 C).  I'm hoping this is the end of extreme temp differences.  82 to 52, with 20 degrees of the drop in ten minutes stinks. I've been walking my dog and gotten rained on sideways, poured on straight down and splattered with splotches of rain blowing off trees for almost three days. It finally stopped.

• Sad 1

• Subscriber
Posted (edited)

Trip to Banff townsite this evening snapshots to share. 📷

SMARTQUOTE

Simplify, slow down, be kind. And don't forget to have art in your life -- music, paintings, theater, dance and sunsets.
Eric Carle,
writer, illustrator, designer

Elk Banff 2021-June-4.jpg

Mt Rundle 2021-June-4.jpg

Canada Goose Banff 2021-June-4.jpg

Hoodoos 2021-June-4.jpg

Edited by Ducastista_992
  • Like 3