What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

illumination70

• Subscriber

I forgot to post yesterday, but my good thing was that I got to celebrate my birthday by finally being able to order a language-learning set that I've been saving up for :) 

And my purchase helps support an English-language newspaper in Iceland that I've been following on social media since Euro 2016 and the whole #IcelandSmites business. It feels good to support somewhere like that, compared to buying from a giant billionaire company that's wealthy enough already.   

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

I forgot to post yesterday, but my good thing was that I got to celebrate my birthday by finally being able to order a language-learning set that I've been saving up for :) 

And my purchase helps support an English-language newspaper in Iceland that I've been following on social media since Euro 2016 and the whole #IcelandSmites business. It feels good to support somewhere like that, compared to buying from a giant billionaire company that's wealthy enough already.   

A belated Happy Birthday to you 

• Thanks 1

• Subscriber
On 5/23/2021 at 8:21 PM, dmway said:

I finally got my 2nd dose of the Pfizer vaccine today! Two weeks until maximum immunity now…

56C28295-8CD6-491F-B408-FC696A2606B1.jpeg

On 5/28/2021 at 2:42 PM, dmway said:

…and I got a new shirt to celebrate:

9C8EDD46-BE01-42AE-AB24-677E2C90BB8C.jpeg

…and two weeks after my second dose is today! Hello, maximum immunity!

(Yes, I am wearing the shirt above too for celebratory purposes.) 🥳

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2021 at 3:33 PM, padawanbeck84 said:

A belated very happy birthday to you, pad.

My good thing:  I've been waiting for a new couch which is taking forever to get built.  That forever is supposed to end on June 15.  There just so happens to be a temporary dumpster out back for workers clearing stuff.  I asked and was able to put my couch in the dumpster.  A bud helped me break my now ex-couch into over a dozen pieces and it's in said dumpster. It was beastly hot here today.  We got a sweet lake breeze.  It cooled down for the removal process. I saved a $75 city fee for furniture removal.  I also found a nice cover ($75) for the new couch, making it Irish Terrier proofed. 

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 1

• Subscriber
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, dmway said:

…and two weeks after my second dose is today! Hello, maximum immunity!

(Yes, I am wearing the shirt above too for celebratory purposes.) 🥳

Congrats, dmway.  

President Biden (my gosh that feels great) came through this week with releasing vaccines to our neighbors and COVAX; 80 Million by the end of June; 25 million of them immediately.  I heard or read that richer countries need to give 20% of their vaccines to the rest of the world for all of us to end this pandemic.  President Biden surpassed that mark.  What a difference an election can make. We may reach warp speed yet.

Edited by Manohlive
  • Thanks 1
  • Brilliant 1

• Subscriber

My Dad and I benefitted from a lovely act of kindness today. 

We'd gone out to a nearby town to drop some books back at the library and borrow another one that I knew they had. We were just parking our car when a man, who was just about to leave, came up to Dad's window and asked if we wanted to make use of his Pay and Display ticket. He'd paid for two hours' parking, not needed all of that time and the ticket still had over an hour left on it. So we accepted.

The parking charge in that car park is only 50p per hour, but it was really kind of him - and we got everything done in that hour, so didn't have to pay any extra B)

Thank you, random car park person. 

• Like 3

• Subscriber

I got botox shots for migraines, along with a couple others.  I should get relief from what have been severe and non-stop migraines.  The nurses told me I'm their favorite headache patient.  I said, "Wow. Your job must suck."   😁

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, peterferris8 said:

Booked an appointment today to get my first shot of the covid vaccine next Wednesday. Been waiting so long.

Yay.

I got my haircut.  I love it.  The same girl has been cutting it for over twenty years.  It's become a social call as much as an appointment. We had fun.

• Like 1