What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

illumination70

• Subscriber

We had cake at the library today :D

One of our colleagues has his birthday tomorrow, but since there's not going to be many staff in tomorrow, he decided to have the celebration today. He bought some cakes from the local shop, so I was able to have a slice of chocolate swiss roll with my cuppa. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

I turned one of my worst absolute shyte days (we all have 'em) into lemonade and perfectly stiff GOOD vodka euphoria without even touching alcohol.

• Brilliant 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

I received a lovely sketch card in the post this morning. And, for once, it wasn't Star Wars-related.

One of the artists in our group worked on a card series commemorating actors who are no longer with us. One of them was a beautiful Heath Ledger sketch and I had to have it. I'm not ashamed to admit I got a bit tearful this morning, opening the package and seeing it in front of me. I'm going to sit the card on the bookcase near some books related to his films. 

• Subscriber

I went to the library and found some exciting books - including the latest by one of my favourite authors. It's *so* new that I'm the first person to borrow it B)

I also found some tins of the new F1 trading cards - although I should remember to try and complete last year's set before I get too stuck into the new edition :lol:

• Brilliant 1

• Subscriber
56 minutes ago, andryu2 said:

I got the first dose of Pfizer vaccine today! I feel so blessed!

One more dose (plus a couple of weeks), and you’ll have maximum immunity! 😎

• Brilliant 1

• Subscriber
20 hours ago, andryu2 said:

I got the first dose of Pfizer vaccine today! I feel so blessed!

Brilliant news! I know you've been having horrendous problems with Covid in Brazil, so it's a huge relief to hear you (and other U2 friends) are starting to get vaccinated and protected :)  

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1