What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

illumination70

• Subscriber
Posted (edited)

Today I finally received a few gifts @dmway had posted for my birthday. It includes Greta Van Fleet CDs, 4 books, 2 lovely cards and a few other things.

Feeling glad.

Edited by andryu2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, andryu2 said:

Today I finally received a few gifts @dmway had posted for my birthday. It includes Greeta Van Fleet CD's, 4 books, 2 lovely cards and a few other things.

Feeling glad.

I just wish our Post Office was better - you would have gotten it on-time for your birthday. 😄

Anyway, I’m glad it finally arrived. 😊

• Brilliant 1

• Subscriber

I bought the Inhaler album at lunchtime :)

More importantly, I stopped a small child from potentially getting run over :o 

As I got off the bus in the town centre, there was a lady waiting to cross the road with a 3-4 year old child. The road is a busy one, and there's a pathway in the middle so you only have to cross one lane at a time. I crossed to the middle, with the lady and her daughter (or possibly granddaughter) behind me. I stopped, but the little girl didn't. She kept on walking, and I had to put my arm out to stop her from walking into the road. I pointed out to her that there were cars coming, as she didn't seem to notice. 

Luckily, the first car in the line stopped to let us cross, but it was scary. Once we were safely across, the lady thanked me and explained to the child that you *always* stop and look when crossing the road. I think maybe because we'd crossed one lane, she thought it was OK to just carry on across the other one, but the lanes go in opposite directions, so you have to stop and check the second one is clear too.

Hopefully she'll be more careful in future.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
Posted (edited)

Grizzly Bear sighting this morning.  Rather not be its lunch keep a safe distance.  A few fatal Bear attacks around here in recent years.

Grizzly hwy40 2021-July-13.jpg

Grizzly hwy40 2021-July-13_magn.jpg

hwy40 ems 2021-July-13_r.jpg

Edited by Ducastista_992
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

I painted most of the bathroom today - and only made a *little* bit of a mess :lol: 

I still have a bit to do around the window, where I've had to stand on the toilet to reach one section and will need to stand on a chair to reach the other half. There's also the tricky corner down beside the toilet where I have to paint around pipes and there's not much space. But we got it painted last time, so I know it can be done somehow. Also, although it takes longer, painting with the brushes is very therapeutic. 

The paint dries to a nice dark green colour. It looked lighter on the tin and I was worried that it wasn't the colour I'd originally wanted to use in my room, but now that I've painted with it, it is the right colour, so I will move on and do my room once the bathroom is done.

And once I've worked out where I'm going to store things while painting my room. It will need to be done in stages as my room is quite big and it's not practical to move everything out at once. I will have to do one wall at a time. 

• Like 1

• Subscriber
Posted (edited)

There’s a record store in England that I buy music from sometimes (Burning Shed), and they have a habit of putting little promotional items along with the items they ship - this is what they sent in my most recent order:

7525E753-DBB2-4CB9-918E-FB67ECE6DAE7.jpeg

I never expected to receive a card with Kate Bush, Pink Floyd, Miles Davis, David Bowie, King Crimson, and Steven Wilson (the founder of Burning Shed - also a musician/remixer extraordinaire and formerly of the excellent band Porcupine Tree) all in masks - now that's topical. 👍

Edited by dmway
  • Like 2
  • Brilliant 2