What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

illumination70

• Subscriber

I wasn't able to get to a record shop at the weekend to try and find it, but I've discovered this morning that the Foo Fighters/Dee Gees album "Hail Satin" is available on streaming services B)

And it's very good. I shall keep looking when I'm able to get out to record shops and see if I can eventually pick it up somewhere, but at least I can still dance around to it at home :D

• Like 1

• Subscriber

I finally found a book that I've been trying to find for years! :D

I collect the Dune series, and have all of them except the prequel Navigators of Dune and the 7th book in the main series, Hunters of Dune. 

A local independent, mostly second-hand bookshop posted last week that they had some Dune books in, although they were not the ones I was looking for. But I put a message on the post that I was looking for these two.

This morning, the owner of the bookshop messaged me to say that they had Hunters in stock - so I went and collected it. It was the first time I'd been able to get to that bookshop in over a year, and I bought a number of other books as well. But it made my day to finally have Hunters of Dune. Now I can read both that and the eighth book "Sandworms of Dune" to see how the main series finishes.

• Like 1

• Subscriber

My dog's name is Ri'ri'.  She is an Irish Terrier.  I just found out that her eldest daughter is going to be doing the first round of breeding over the next two days.  Puppies!   Joy is having a bunch of Irish Terrier pups crawling all over and attacking a person.  I cannot wait.  Meanwhile, mine is very happy now that our new couch arrived.  It was months overdue.  We were both quite desperate.  It's a very handsome couch and well made. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Roses beginning to bloom summer's going fast. :02_BD:

In the fullness of time
A garden to nurture and protect
It's a measure of a life
The treasure of a life
Is a measure of love and respect

roses bloom 2021-July-29.jpg

garden 2021-July-29.jpg

• Like 1

• Subscriber

I know I gushed above but they are puppies.  (yay)    My gosh, it's a secretive process.  I'm not being told much of anything, including which male is being used as the stud.  I was told she was bred today and I will be given an update. It's all hush-hush.  

This dog's name is Poitin, which I guess is Irish moonshine made from potatoes. (Love that one)  It's apropos, as my dog is her mom and pretty much looney tunes 24/7.  My dog is currently on my poop list for only giving me three hours sleep last night, due to increased squirrel activity, now that it's cooler outside again.  There will be no stomping of my foot on her Kong for easier access to treats until after my siesta!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1