What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

illumination70

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I hope you are continuing to get well.  I'll be thinking of you and sending positive vibes.

We have power, where many around us do not.  A big storm front moved through last night and knocked out power to 225,000 (and rising) homes. It's a mess.  A huge tree, about half a block from me, got split by a bolt of lightning. (sigh)  Currently, 85,000 homes still have no power.  It's hot and very humid.  I'm thankful we are not one of them.

Also, I mentioned an Irish Terrier named Poitin.  She is my dog's daughter.  She was finally artificially inseminated.  I asked her owner if the Irish moonshine affected the poor guy's performance.  How'd you like to perform sexually with a bunch of experts standing and watching?    haha    Poitin will be having puppies.

Thank you! 

It's not an easy disease. There were days when my legs were so weak that I could barely walk. I hope nobody here ever catches it! 

• Upvote 2

• Community Moderator
8 hours ago, illumination70 said:

At about a little after midnight on Tuesday morning, my Dad was relieved of the pain of a disease he's been dealing with for years and went to be with the Lord.

So sorry for your loss. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, illumination70 said:

At about a little after midnight on Tuesday morning, my Dad was relieved of the pain of a disease he's been dealing with for years and went to be with the Lord.

Condolences.  Sorry for your loss.

• Like 1

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, illumination70 said:

I'm very sorry for your loss, illumination70.

• Subscriber
On 8/12/2021 at 11:04 AM, illumination70 said:

My condolences!

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 8/12/2021 at 10:04 AM, illumination70 said:

6 hours ago, andryu2 said:

My condolences!

My condolences as well! This October will be the 5th anniversary of my mother's passing. I saw her passing in the same way, i.e., deliverance from pain she didn't deserve to feel anymore. We who are still here feel the absence in these circumstances, but peace comes from knowing that they are in a more delightful place.

• Brilliant 1

• Subscriber
On 8/12/2021 at 3:04 PM, illumination70 said:

Sorry for your loss illumination 

• Subscriber

My Laura Pausini CDs arrived today. I've scanned them into the computer and am listening to one of them as I speak.

They're in such good condition that one was still sealed, brand new. And they both have full lyric books, so I can have fun translating the songs :)

Both of them also still even have the little detachable card, advertising her fan club. The membership price increased by $2 (US) between 1998 and 2004. I wonder what would happen if I tried to post one of the forms with a cheque? :lol:  It probably costs about twice as much these days. 

(Also, is it bad that, while listening on my computer, I'm leaning over ready to turn the sound down, expecting the adverts you get on regular streaming services. My brain apparently still hasn't realised there's no adverts on Media Player :lol: )

• Like 2