What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

illumination70

• Subscriber

I went to the comic shop today. The couple that run it know I'm a Star Wars fan, and put SW novels to one side for me when they get them in. Today, they brought me a box of SW books to have a browse through - and there was a nearly-complete set of the old-canon Young Jedi Knights series. As far as I know, that series was never released over here in the UK, so it's hard to find them. Needless to say, it made my day :D

I also borrowed 5 more library books and bought 4 more from 2 charity shops. Today has basically been full of books - which is my favourite kind of day :)

• Like 2

• Subscriber

Today deserves a Keanu woah GIF...

I'm part of a Bill and Ted fan group over on FB, and there's a dude there who makes home-made versions of the red smiley-face jacket that Ted wears in Bogus Journey. He's UK-based and today he had two of them for sale, including one in my size. And I managed to snag it B)  *air guitar* 

I felt obliged to add an extra 69p to the payment I sent him :lol: 

And now I really want to watch at least one of the Bill and Ted films. So I will :D

• Like 3

• Subscriber

Two good things today:

We have a donation box at our library, where people can bring books they want to donate, to potentially be put into the library stock. Collection/emptying of the donation box has been rare lately, so us staff (and some of our regulars) have a browse through the books and occasionally take one or two home. I had a look through the box today and found 4 interesting ones - including "Wonders of the Solar System" by Professor Brian Cox, which is a tie-in to a BBC series. I felt a bit bad taking a book like that home for free, so I took it to the reception desk and gave my colleagues some money for it.

I also picked up two history textbooks, one of which was stamped that it's from my old secondary school  :lol:  Although I can't find a stamp to say it's been discarded, so now I'm worried in case it was supposed to go back to them at the end of July and this student might have forgotten :wacko:  Maybe I should email the school and ask? 

The other good thing was that I went to the music shop again and had some more good finds there. I found a third Mana CD, after finding 2 there on my previous visit, but the "Random Find of the Day" award goes to the album by Bruce Willis. 

Yes. *That* Bruce Willis.

The Die Hard dude has released at least one album. 

I have no idea what "The Return of Bruno" sounds like, but I had to buy it just because my mind was boggled to make such a find in a local music shop.

• thumbs up 1

• Subscriber
23 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

I also picked up two history textbooks, one of which was stamped that it's from my old secondary school  :lol:  Although I can't find a stamp to say it's been discarded, so now I'm worried in case it was supposed to go back to them at the end of July and this student might have forgotten :wacko:  Maybe I should email the school and ask? 

I contacted my former school this morning about those textbooks - and their librarian was able to confirm that they are indeed missing from school stock - and that they had been actively trying to track down the one about Russia. 

So I delivered both books back to the school at lunch-time :)  My good deed for the day.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1