What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

illumination70

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, padawanbeck84 said:

I now have the keyboard. With guide letters, all properly secured on it's stand. And have spent a fun afternoon testing out all of the different sound effects and features.

There's even an option for the keys to make helicopter sounds... :lol:

Although the music shop is currently sold out of beginner's books, so I'll have to try again next week or see if the library has one. 

But can you play the keyboard and guitar in unison like Edge does on New Years Day?……

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

But can you play the keyboard and guitar in unison like Edge does on New Years Day?……

That's far too advanced for my current skills  :lol: 

And I don't have a strap to be able to wear my guitar while playing keyboard. 

Although it is a good goal to aim for :)

• Like 1

• Subscriber
20 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

100 miles on the bicycle……what petrol crisis? Food is my fuel…..nom nom nom nom nom

It's times like these that make me grateful I can walk to work :) 

Although if the situation doesn't improve this week, returning the library books I've borrowed from the neighbouring authority might get a bit tricky - especially if people are still clogging up roads around stations :rolleyes:

My good thing for today: getting to watch history being made in Formula 1 as Lewis Hamilton has become the first F1 driver to reach 100 Grand Prix victories. 

He already had the all-time record, but to reach a century... incredible. I can remember watching Michael Schumacher through his career and thinking that his record of 91 might never be beaten. Now I've seen every one of Lewis's wins so far - and he might yet pull clear on the number of world titles (he's currently equal with Schumacher on 7).

• Like 1

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

It's times like these that make me grateful I can walk to work :) 

Although if the situation doesn't improve this week, returning the library books I've borrowed from the neighbouring authority might get a bit tricky - especially if people are still clogging up roads around stations :rolleyes:

My good thing for today: getting to watch history being made in Formula 1 as Lewis Hamilton has become the first F1 driver to reach 100 Grand Prix victories. 

He already had the all-time record, but to reach a century... incredible. I can remember watching Michael Schumacher through his career and thinking that his record of 91 might never be beaten. Now I've seen every one of Lewis's wins so far - and he might yet pull clear on the number of world titles (he's currently equal with Schumacher on 7).

Sorry But I’m gutted for Lando! Grew up with the Red and White and Silver Arrows of McLaren and think it’s great to see them getting back where they belong!

• Like 1

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

Sorry But I’m gutted for Lando! Grew up with the Red and White and Silver Arrows of McLaren and think it’s great to see them getting back where they belong!

Yeah, you couldn't help but feel sorry for Lando. He'd been doing so well holding Lewis behind him, and I think if it had stayed dry, he probably would have won. 

And it is good seeing McLaren at the front again. I can remember the old red and white livery, that was a classic. 

Today's good thing: I managed to return my library books without any hassle. The trick is to try and avoid any roads near supermarkets that also have petrol stations :)

• Subscriber
On 9/8/2021 at 6:45 AM, doctornickriviera said:

My Garmin loves me!

Not bad for 48! 

39D90F1A-EAA1-4807-9269-01A9EE5E66A5.jpeg

Good for you, Doc.

The only true pain killer that works every single time, without side effects and expense, in my not at all humble opinion. It's also the best/safest way I can find to get out of the house during a deadly pandemic. 

My good thing is Ri'ri's (my dog) daughter is going to have 4-5 puppies any time/day now.  Nothing against Chicago but I got me a reason to road trip to Kankakee, which is where my current Irish Terrier was born.

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 2