Jump to content

What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)


illumination70
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Subscriber

I went to the cinema today for the first time in months and watched Dune. 

It is brilliant. Epic, but also detailed and you really connect with the characters. Having read the books, I was mentally ticking off certain details and aspects of the story, and it all feels like it's there. Or at least the first half of the book is, anyway, as this is only part 1. 

There was one young lady in our screening who giggled every time a character used Voice. And at several other moments that weren't really funny. I'm thinking she probably hasn't read the book, so may not understand some of the background context of scenes. Or she may possibly have been a bit tipsy. The cinema is licensed to serve alcohol, so I wouldn't rule it out.

  • Like 1
  • thumbs up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber

U2 debuted on Top of the pops 1991 with ‘the fly’ in the UK tonight.

double good news because this signals the end of Bryan Adams’ Robin Hood related UK chart domination.

you saved our lives and we are eternally grateful!!
 

glad I watched more TV tonight!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber
3 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

U2 debuted on Top of the pops 1991 with ‘the fly’ in the UK tonight.

double good news because this signals the end of Bryan Adams’ Robin Hood related UK chart domination.

you saved our lives and we are eternally grateful!!
 

glad I watched more TV tonight!

I watched that too! :D Always good to see (and hear) The Fly

I've got nothing against Bryan Adams, but 16 weeks was more than long enough at the top of the charts with the same song  :P

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber
On 10/22/2021 at 11:47 PM, padawanbeck84 said:

I watched that too! :D Always good to see (and hear) The Fly

I've got nothing against Bryan Adams, but 16 weeks was more than long enough at the top of the charts with the same song  :P

If you’ve done 16 weeks of everything I bloody do I do it for you at the age of 17 and again at the age of 47 you’d have something against Our Canadian rockabilly friend!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber

I found a suitable present for the person I've been paired with in this year's Secret Santa in the Star Wars card trading group. Getting it sorted nice and early B)

I also *finally* got to the local tabletop gaming shop. I haven't been for ages as I haven't had any new trading cards that needed pocket pages. But I went in to see about starting to paint my Bill and Ted miniatures - the bloke who runs the place is brilliant for advice about that sort of thing. I now have a starter kit of paints, brushes etc, as well as a practice figure, so I can learn on that one before I paint any Personages of Historical Significance :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber
On 10/21/2021 at 6:46 PM, padawanbeck84 said:

I went to the cinema today for the first time in months and watched Dune. 

It is brilliant. Epic, but also detailed and you really connect with the characters. Having read the books, I was mentally ticking off certain details and aspects of the story, and it all feels like it's there. Or at least the first half of the book is, anyway, as this is only part 1. 

There was one young lady in our screening who giggled every time a character used Voice. And at several other moments that weren't really funny. I'm thinking she probably hasn't read the book, so may not understand some of the background context of scenes. Or she may possibly have been a bit tipsy. The cinema is licensed to serve alcohol, so I wouldn't rule it out.

0FFFBFF5-012E-4BD1-BD8F-86EDA1B354CB.png.2a859d19152b8337d1bc4d622b5d7608.png
 

I saw this last week and I forgot to post it 🙄

I haven’t seen the movie yet but my nephew is raving about it and he got very annoyed when I sent this to him.

Edited by ELMARTO
  • thumbs up 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...