What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

illumination70

• Subscriber

Despite being very, very tempted to go out, drink vodka and kick butt playing pool for New Year's Eve, I'm staying home due to Covid.  Many of my friends are going out tonight.  I think they're being unnecessarily dumb but that's just me. 

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
38 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

Despite being very, very tempted to go out, drink vodka and kick butt playing pool for New Year's Eve, I'm staying home due to Covid.  Many of my friends are going out tonight.  I think they're being unnecessarily dumb but that's just me. 

Well, you made the responsible choice. There will be future New Years to celebrate.

Besides, if you have enough vodka at home, you can play pool at home - even if you don’t have a table. It’s amazing what you can visualize if you have enough liquid inspiration… 🥴🎱

• thumbs up 1

• Subscriber

I had seen a story about this in my news feed, but now I have seen/heard the proof of it.

I watched a college’s marching band (Ohio State’s marching band playing at halftime of the Rose Bowl) play the songs of Rush, a band whose music I never thought would ever be played by people marching around a field playing mostly brass/woodwind instruments!

I heard excerpts of YYZ, The Spirit Of Radio, and Limelight (they played more, but those three were the only ones highlighted). Pretty cool. 😎

• thumbs up 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

I took my dog for a long walk in a rather intense snowstorm. (our first this year, which is unusual)   We were both dressed for it.  Visibility with the snow and light was such that as we were walking, what covered the ground was glistening like millions of diamonds.  It was absolutely beautiful, albeit very windy and cold. 

• Like 2
  • Brilliant 1

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I took my dog for a long walk in a rather intense snowstorm. (our first this year, which is unusual)   We were both dressed for it.  Visibility with the snow and light was such that as we were walking, what covered the ground was glistening like millions of diamonds.  It was absolutely beautiful, albeit very windy and cold. 

That's beautiful. I can picture the scene.

• Like 1

• Subscriber

Wow @Ducastista_992   

The Green Bay Packers beat the Vikings and became the NFC's number 1 seed for the playoffs.  That means homefield advantage at Lambeau and the only first-round bye. Signs in the stands during the game were calling our quarterback, who is probably gonna be MVP again this year, the king of the north. We are definite contenders for the Super Bowl.  

• Subscriber
18 hours ago, Ducastista_992 said:

Nice break from several days of -32C/-25F temperature went snowshoeing today (-8C/17F) snapshots to share including big Moose. 😎

snowshoeing watridge lake tr 2022-Jan-2_c.jpg

snowshoeing watridge lake tr 2022-Jan-2_b.jpg

Cow Moose Buller Pass Trail 2022-Jan-2.jpg

I miss the snow…. 2 years of Covid cancelled snowboarding hols makes for a grumpy doc.