What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

illumination70

• Subscriber

My covid test came back negative after close contact with someone who tested positive. I found a clinic that's using an unrented store front near me, got tested and was back home in thirty minutes.  Two hours later, I had my results.  I'm a lucky guy. 

• Like 2
  • thumbs up 2

• Subscriber

I finally have a record player  :D

Dad told me last week that the charity shop he volunteers for had got one in - and it's a modern one that you can connect to a computer. So we've bought it and were able to bring it home today. 

Now I have to get confident with using it. We had a record player when I was little, but at that age I was only trusted to put the records in place  :lol:  Mum took it with her when she moved out and we haven't had one since then. But now I can finally play my U2 vinyl. And maybe collect records by other artists.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Subscriber

The Head and the Heart is one of my favorite bands.  They have a new first single from a new album being released Friday.  They announced the tour today.  The show in my city is reserved seating.  I never (rarely) ask my best bud to contact other box offices and get me good seats.  I did for this one.  He said try in the regular sale and if nothing, he'll reach out  to that box office. It was very gracious, as he's dealing with this current Covid surge and being responsible for a bunch of shows; most of which are not selling because of the surge.

A wee bit of a bonus:  Dawes is opening some of the tour dates.  I just counted 6 shows I'm going to see.  Most of them are GA.

giphy.gif

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 1/6/2022 at 8:43 AM, Manohlive said:

My covid test came back negative after close contact with someone who tested positive. I found a clinic that's using an unrented store front near me, got tested and was back home in thirty minutes.  Two hours later, I had my results.  I'm a lucky guy. 

early last year I had to go for a covid test and we waited 2 hours. the queue to get tested was very long.

• Sad 1

• Subscriber

While it was riddled with thrown wrenches, I got all my Head and the Heart tickets; pit passes for Chicago; 13th row dead center for Milwaukee and two nights of GA in Madison.  I didn't want to bug my bud for something better in Milwaukee.  Box offices are so overwhelmed and stressed out right now that I just couldn't ask, even though he said he would. 

• Like 1