What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

illumination70

• Subscriber

Man, I'm talented!  ☝️

I woke up in a good mood, ableit almost noon when I did.  There was sunshine and my dog wasn't trying to wake me as she lay with her back welded to my hip when she decided to stretch, scratch and roll.  Not at all. 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

Chelsea FC have just won the Club World Cup! 😎️ 

All of the regional champions of the world’s soccer/football federations play each other in their version of the World Cup. Since Chelsea won the UEFA Champions League last year, they were Europe’s representative in the tournament. They beat Palmeiras, the champions of South America, in the Final.

Chelsea became the third Premier League club to win the Club World Cup (joining Liverpool and Man. United) and also became the third club worldwide to win every trophy that FIFA offers to professional soccer/football teams (joining Man. United and Bayern Munich).

Well done, Chelsea! 😎

https://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2022/feb/12/chelsea-v-palmeiras-club-world-cup-final-live

• Subscriber
On 2/14/2022 at 11:02 AM, padawanbeck84 said:

I renewed my U2 fan club subscription. It's my annual Valentine's present to myself :D 

Congrats!

After playing phone tag, I had a nice talk with my godmother.  She is in advanced stages of Alzheimer's. For some reason, I'm able to get her to remember stuff. I was talking about a few things, which led to her birthday being the ninenteenth of this month.  "Really?  Oh, I'll have to tell my family so they know.  David says my birthday is the nineteenth this month."  It was very cute.  She's reminding her daughter and grandaughters, who were already keenly aware.  She said it so innocently.  An IE/EI moment I will always cherish. 

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 2
  • Brilliant 2

• Subscriber

I got my free covid tests from my federal government in the mail.  I suppose I should be grateful. Four tests after two years of a deadly pandemic, which is creeping toward a million deaths, seems a rather pathetic response. My good thing is that you can tested for covid 24/7 where I live. I can go at 3 am and walk right up with no waiting.  There are a lot of open appointments.  Labs have set up everywhere.  I can now walk, get tested, walk home and have my results within an hour or so. I'm very fortunate. We gave out a million N95 masks in three days and we're only 600,000 strong.  Both parties would do well to have their conventions here and pay attention to how things actually get done. 

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 1

• Subscriber
37 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

I got my free covid tests from my federal government in the mail.  I suppose I should be grateful. Four tests after two years of a deadly pandemic, which is creeping toward a million deaths, seems a rather pathetic response. My good thing is that you can tested for covid 24/7 where I live. I can go at 3 am and walk right up with no waiting.  There are a lot of open appointments.  Labs have set up everywhere.  I can now walk, get tested, walk home and have my results within an hour or so. I'm very fortunate. We gave out a million N95 masks in three days and we're only 600,000 strong.  Both parties would do well to have their conventions here and pay attention to how things actually get done. 

Our government are talking about ending free Covid testing - and scrapping requirements for people to isolate. Both of which worry me: firstly because a lot of people are struggling with the cost of living at the moment and might not be able to afford the £11-40 price range that's being proposed for tests - especially if you're a couple or whole family getting tested. Which will put people off, so they could be walking around spreading it without knowing. And the scrapping isolation idea could even apply to people who actually have Covid. They could be allowed to go about carrying on life as normal, potentially spreading it to work colleagues, school classmates - at a time when a lot of people seem to have given up on wearing masks... Yeah. I don't see that ending well. 

But then Boris hasn't consulted the scientists on this one - he's trying to come up with things that will be popular with voters in the hope we'll forget about his partying while we were in lockdown :rolleyes:

As for my good thing, I finally received a book I'd ordered at the library. Our deliveries have been a bit haphazard recently, but this one finally arrived. It's brand new and I may well be the first person to read it through our library service :D  And one of our regulars has clearly got great taste in music - they received Dave Grohl's book in the same delivery. 

• Like 1
  • thumbs up 1

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, padawanbeck84 said:

Both of which worry me

I heard, and was reading that this idea where each additional strain of covid will be weaker is a false one. The epidemeologist said the next one could be weaker or could be stronger. The only thing they know for certain is the next one will be more transmissable.  

For anyone in the USA waiting for these free tests:  The package is about the size of a box of Wheat Thins and in the typical white plastic shipping bag.  It says we should repeat the test within 36 hours, which means we are only getting two tests.  The instructions are doable. I can see a lot of people thinking they are too complicated and taking a screw it approach.  Don't forget they are vulnerable to cold temps so don't leave them sitting outside. FYI

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

I have the result back for my first online Maths assignment - and I did brilliantly. To be fair, it was quite an easy one, just starting us off gently, but it's nice to know I didn't mess anything up.

I've also finally discovered how to write mathematical symbols (fractions etc) in Word  B) 

I'm typing up the first part of a written Maths assignment, so it's a good job I'm working that all out. Although one part of the assignment wants us to include a graph. Not sure how to do those on a computer just yet, but I'm sure I'll work it out. 

Mostly I'm just impressed that I'm getting it all done early, rather than leaving it to the last minute  :lol: 

• thumbs up 1