What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

illumination70

• Subscriber
Posted (edited)

I had a long and very pleasant conversation with my mom.  It started at 10:30 pm and went until after midnight.  We discussed Willie Nelson after I told her I was going to get to see him again.  That went to Kris Kristofferson and what a great lyricist he was.  That led to Johnny and Waylon and lots of other great music. 

I also found out there is a big Irish Terrier Club of North America meeting on May 1 in Chicago.  It will be my first since I applied for membership and was accepted in February of 2020. The pandemic has prevented it.  I had to leave the room while they debated me.  That's also the day I learned I really, really like Guinness on tap. I'm a why drink anything else but vodka guy, however, that beer is delicious.  I have yet to have one since, as I'm only a social drinker.  I'm thirsty! 

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 1

• Subscriber

I'm also posting in the What U Listening 2 thread, as it's currently playing.  It's extraordianary.  I'm posting it here in case someone has not seen it.

The Met opened their season singing the Ukranian National Anthem.  It's well worth a watch, as there is something in the middle which birngs it round full circle. 

• Like 1

• Subscriber

I sent my Maths assignment in nice and early - it's not actually due until Tuesday, but I've got it finished, checked, double-checked and scanned in the parts I needed to scan in. 

Written assignments alternate with online ones on this course, so my next one is online, but I've also already printed off the next written one so I can start looking at that.

Feels weird being so organised, but long may it continue :)

• thumbs up 1

• Subscriber

I received the comics I'd ordered, so now I can catch up with the rest of BRZRKR (so far). 

I had issues 1 and 6, sent by a friend who did a custom cover of #1, and now I've got 2, 3, 4, 5, and 7  B)

• Subscriber

I had a good day at the library today. One highlight was a small child who came in with his mum. 18 months/2 years old at the most, his mum was picking out some picture books to read to him - but he toddled over to the bookcase where we have the junior fiction for 7-11 age group. He took books out very carefully, one at a time, opened them up, realised that they had few or no pictures in and equally carefully put each one back on the bookcase, as close as he could to where he'd found it.

So careful and tidy with the books for such a young age, it was lovely to see - especially compared to some of the teens who come in and throw books around!

He also liked playing with a toy police car so much, he didn't want to put it back. Until I told his mum that, being a library, maybe we could let him take it home today and bring it back next week. They left, then a minute or so later, he toddles back in having decided to put the car back after all.

Then, when his mum encouraged him to say goodbye to me, he looked at the toy box and said "bye-bye nee-naw" to the police car instead  :lol: 

If only all children could be as well-behaved as that. Clearly he's a little bookworm in training. 

• Like 2

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, CorkVegan said:

THIS made me feel so happy.

Well done Ireland. 

I wish the British government would show as much humanity and kindness - especially when many of us ordinary people are doing our best to help. But no, Boris and co are more concerned about "security" and want to see desperate people as a threat... :( 

It makes me think of Paris 2015, that performance of "Bullet the Blue Sky" with Bono's speech "I run... I run... into your arms... Are they open? I'm not dangerous... I'm *in* danger. I'm in danger..."   

• Subscriber

My good thing for today: I got the result back of my latest Maths assignment - and I scored 93% B)

Really happy with that, and my tutor gave plenty of constructive feedback on what I can improve for the next one. 

Also, one of the topics I was nervous about in the current unit turned out not to be so difficult after all  :)  Just finishing Unit 3 this evening, then tomorrow it's onto analysing statistics.

• thumbs up 1