What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

illumination70

• Subscriber
On 5/14/2022 at 3:45 AM, Manohlive said:

This is as I'd have them do with our football. Pre/post season would be better, in my opinion. 

I can remember several years ago, one of the people in charge of our Premier League floated the idea of a "39th game" in the league season which would allow them to take matches abroad in the same way that the NFL does, but it was voted down as it was clearly a money-making idea (not that the Premier League is ever exactly short of money!) and not practical (or fair) to be sending clubs and players to random locations just for promotional matches at the end of the season when players are tired and in need of their summer break. 

With pre-season matches, the clubs decide for themselves where they want to go, and some of the friendlies are based on historical ties between clubs (and often used to raise money for charity). 

Anyway, in keeping with the thread, my good thing is that I stayed up to watch Eurovision last night. I don't normally watch it, but Laura Pausini was part of the presenting team and she's one of my favourite singers, so it was a rare chance to see her on UK telly. 

And the British entry did really well for once! We came second, which is especially brilliant considering we're normally last :lol: 

Not surprisingly, Ukraine won - and won the public vote by a landslide. 400-odd points awarded to them from the public vote, for a massive total of 631. It might not be much practical help in terms of stopping the war, but I hope the people of Ukraine see those numbers and see that the European (and Australian) public have so much love and support for them. 

Here's hoping next year, they can take their turn to host it, in a peaceful country with the invaders packed up and gone home.  

• Brilliant 1

• Subscriber
On 5/15/2022 at 4:49 AM, padawanbeck84 said:

is ever exactly short of money!) and not practical (or fair) to be sending clubs

Exactly.  Players get hurt.

I was just walking my dog in some woods by the Milwaukee River.  I saw what looked like a small dog.  It was a beaver.  It was all dry so it's fur was all fluffy and shiny.  It was gorgeous.  I'd never seen on the while until today, in the middle of my city. I also saw the Great Horned Owl that's around again.  He or she was swooping around last night when I walked pooch. 

• Like 3

• Subscriber

The Republican party of my state finally acknowledged that there is nothing they can do to overturn the 2020 election.  Robin Vos was thrown out as the speaker of the assembly.  He's a main culprit in all this.  They disbanded the commission, which was still funded as of earlier today, investigating 2020 election fraud.  There may be whiners, as there always are, but it looks like this crap is officially over.  

• thumbs up 1
  • Brilliant 1

• Subscriber

I got the result back for the online Maths assignment that I sent in last week. I'd been panicking over it, thinking I'd done rubbish. 

In fact, I scored 96%, which is my second-best score of the module :D  So happy with that. And getting on nicely with the current Geometry chapter.

• Like 2

• Subscriber
On 5/11/2022 at 5:21 PM, Manohlive said:

We are getting a soccer game.  It's Manchester something.  Pardon my ignorance.  London is getting a Green Bay Packers game. We are not happy about it.  Is American football big in Europe?  We lose a home game and our athletes have to do international travel during a regular season. Someone actually gets paid to make such decisions.  

My good thing is our weather has finally seemed to make the spring turn toward not being cold all the time.  We have sunshine for a second day in a row. 

American Football @ Tottenham London. Pretty big I’d say. 

A9663321-98B2-4EEF-8D9F-7A0DD44B3933.jpeg

• Like 1