What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

• Subscriber

I was at the mall this afternoon. They were playing some modern music over the mall sound system. Suddenly i realized they were playing EVERY BREAKING WAVE !!!!!  I was suddenly smiling and had some spring in my step.  : D

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got accepted into University!

The Sun came up, the beach was freezing and me and my hounds had a ball!

...and I was just given confirmation by email that my vote for this primary was received and tabulated today! Consider this a small blow against the tyranny expressed by those who would prevent u

Posted Images

• Subscriber

I was at the mall this afternoon. They were playing some modern music over the mall sound system. Suddenly i realized they were playing EVERY BREAKING WAVE !!!!! I was suddenly smiling and had some spring in my step. : D

This can only make us in a good mood! :-D :-D
  • Subscriber

Today it was confirmed that I will be helping out at a second local archaeological dig and I may be able to do a third one, depending on whether I can sort out transport as that one is further away. 

Either way, exciting times!  :D

• Subscriber

I saw the solar eclipse! B)  I watched it this morning while parked up at the side of the road, listening to The Joshua Tree and viewing events through an improvised device made from the cardboard back of a notepad and a supermarket till receipt! It worked though, you could see the moon blocking out most of the sun and it went noticeably darker and colder outside.  

My father and I were on a trip up to Sale in Lancashire to look into our family history. The staff at the library were lovely and helpful and we made progress tracing one of dad's maternal grandparents. His father's side will be more difficult as we know virtually nothing about my paternal grandfather except his name - we're not even sure where or when he was born! We're hoping Dad's Aussie half-brother can help on that side of things and in the meantime, it feels good to be adding to our limited knowledge.

We also popped into Old Trafford while we were up that way and I now have a shiny new jigsaw puzzle from the Manchester United Megastore.