What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got accepted into University!

The Sun came up, the beach was freezing and me and my hounds had a ball!

I just renewed.... obviously the mighty  Fly won’t let a Covid 19 pandemic prevent an incoming ZooTV 30th anniversary tour......would he?    ‘you didn’t come all the way out here to catch TB

Posted Images

• Subscriber

OK, this is for yesterday, but I saw The Force Awakens! 

I went to a small independent cinema in Birmingham which is rapidly becoming my new favourite (partly for the home-made chocolate cake :) ). The screening was full and EVERYONE broke out cheering and clapping not only at the opening titles, but also when the time came for Han and Chewie to step back on the Falcon. I'm not saying any more about plot, but it's brilliant. And it was lovely to see parents taking their young children along - training up the next generation of Padawans  :D

Also now I can go back to my regular paper-reading and social media use without needing to worry about spoilers. Honestly, I dared not even read my local paper review before seeing it as they do have a habit of giving too much away. But I can relax now.

And I won't give spoilers to anyone else.

• Subscriber

OK, this is for yesterday, but I saw The Force Awakens! 

I went to a small independent cinema in Birmingham which is rapidly becoming my new favourite (partly for the home-made chocolate cake :) ). The screening was full and EVERYONE broke out cheering and clapping not only at the opening titles, but also when the time came for Han and Chewie to step back on the Falcon. I'm not saying any more about plot, but it's brilliant. And it was lovely to see parents taking their young children along - training up the next generation of Padawans  :D

Also now I can go back to my regular paper-reading and social media use without needing to worry about spoilers. Honestly, I dared not even read my local paper review before seeing it as they do have a habit of giving too much away. But I can relax now.

And I won't give spoilers to anyone else.

Thanks for not giving away spoilers, I only have to wait another 24 hours to see it!

• Subscriber

Saw The Force Awakens today. It was amazing, I want to see it again!

I may get to see it again at the weekend. Out of the blue, my Dad has announced that he plans on going to see it with a lady-friend on Sunday and they *might* let me go along with them. The problem is that Dad picked me up from the cinema on Saturday and I told him all about the film - including all the spoilers - as I thought he wouldn't be bothered and wasn't going to want to watch it. Dad doesn't normally do sci-fi, but if he watches SW and likes it, then who knows? I may just convert him!  :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

We've got our computer back from the repair people and it works properly again. I was having to go over to my sister's house if I wanted to check my emails! Not any more. 

Also, over New Year, I've finally figured out where I'm going in life. To put it in U2 terms, I still haven't found what I'm looking for yet, but at least now I know WHAT I'm looking for and how to get there  :)