What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

• Subscriber

I worked on 1 of the 2 paintings that I'm painting at the moment. I haven't really felt like painting since 2010, so things are going well acrylic wise  :)

Edited by BigBunny
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got accepted into University!

I convinced my dad to stay home today, because there are lots cases of coronavirus in their town!

One of my best mates who has been having  chemo and surgery for a nasty cancer had his post treatment scan results today and has been declared cancer free. It doesn’t get much better than that .

Posted Images

I had a premiere coffee in my back yard today. First one this year. And the birds were chirping away and the butterflies swirled by me. And the flowers grew... You get the picture. It was lovely sitting outside.

• Subscriber

I worked on 1 of the 2 paintings that I'm painting at the moment. I haven't really felt like painting since 2010, so things are going well acrylic wise  :)

That's great, I haven't painted for some time either. At the moment I am playing guitar again. Today we went to the park and brought our guitars and played together. My son played some U2, Johnny Cash, Foo Fighters. We had the best time!

• Subscriber

Two good things today:

Firstly, the computer problems seem to be sorted thanks to borrowing a different monitor from my sister.

Secondly, catching up with my emails after a few days offline and I found out I've won a book! :D  It's a preview copy from Goodreads and I'm really excited for it to arrive so I can read it and review it.

• Subscriber

Another day with two good things happening:

The book I won arrived in the post - and the author sent me 2 copies! One edition has extra pictures so I can see which one I prefer.

I was also able to go on an organised walk at lunchtime after I finished volunteering. Normally, I don't have time to do so due to childcare commitments in term-time, but since it is half-term holidays, there was no time constraint today. We walked for roughly 2 hours through the local area and it really brought home how much nature there is on the doorstep - beautiful wild-flowers, trees and pretty little streams that gurgle as the water flows along. I found it really inspiring. 

• Subscriber

Not a thing that happened today, but I played my first gig with my band last night! 

We opened the bill at this tiny little pub in Brighton, and the room was virtually full for us. So many friends turned up, this is something I've put time, effort, energy and money into and the feeling I get knowing people cared enough to come and support us is indescribable.

• Subscriber

Had a good talk with my sis about church and politics! :D It started out highly spirited, but we eventually found the right tone. :lol: No..I shouldn't say it like that. It wasn't a shouting match, but we don't really like to talk to much about these touchy subjects because we are already aware of each other's stances  We were able to say what's on our minds and said, why don't we ever talk about these things or talk like this. And it ended with a better understanding of each other even if we don't exactly agree. 

Edited by U2LAWoman
  • Subscriber

@peterferris that is awesome! I wish you all the best with your band.

I've just spent this morning sorting out our new computer as the old one could not be rescued. I have managed to get it all plugged in correctly and set up all on my own! My dad had said yesterday that we would sort it out when he got home, but it's fairly simple to look at the colour-coding and symbols on the leads. Nothing blew up when I plugged it in anyway!  :P I've also successfully put my music collection on it - you can tell I've got my priorities right. It's such a relief to finally have a working PC again.