What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got accepted into University!

I convinced my dad to stay home today, because there are lots cases of coronavirus in their town!

One of my best mates who has been having  chemo and surgery for a nasty cancer had his post treatment scan results today and has been declared cancer free. It doesn’t get much better than that .

Posted Images

• Subscriber

Yesterday I signed the contract of permanent employment. Jippiii

Congratulations!!  :)

I spent this morning on a guided walk looking at some local archaeological sites. It tipped it down with rain and we got really muddy, but I learnt a lot so it was well worth it. 

• Subscriber

This is for yesterday as I wasn't able to get online last night:

I had a day trip to Manchester and got some really good advice on costume-making from the staff of a sci-fi shop that was recommended to me by a friend. They were even able to direct me to a nearby arts and crafts shop which has some of the rarer materials, so now I'm feeling very positive about being able to get my costume ready in time  :)

• Subscriber

Not something that happened today, but last night I had my first job interview at Sainsburys! Not sure if I've got the job, but even so...

Best of luck Peter

• Subscriber

Not something that happened today, but last night I had my first job interview at Sainsburys! Not sure if I've got the job, but even so...

Best of luck Peter

Thanks. I didn't get the job, but it's all good practice nevertheless.

• Subscriber

Driving home from work this afternoon, and the weather is starting to look dirty (storms forecast for the next 3 days)

Got my music in the car on random, Van Halen's "Respect The Wind" from Twister comes on. Don't think I've ever had a more appropriate time for a song to play.

• Subscriber

I received 2 books in the post this morning. One is a set text for my upcoming Open University module and the other is an archaeology textbook that will serve as helpful reference for upcoming digs etc. 

And yesterday, I got the result for my previous OU module - a Grade 2 pass with a score of 78%  :)