illumination70

What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

About to go and put in another job application now that both people I asked agreed to provide references. Fingers crossed - someone has got to want to employ me somewhere! 

^^ Good luck.

Home again from Barcelona and still got two weeks vacation left.

I received a pile of vintage U2 vinyl singles!!  B)

One of my fellow archaeology volunteers has been clearing out his house, found the singles and, knowing that I'm a huge U2 fan, brought them in, As I was not in yesterday, he gave them to our boss with a note that they should be given to me next time I was in. I went into the museum today and was honestly amazed. Pride, Streets, ISHFWILF, Bullet, Desire, Angel of Harlem and more... They haven't all got their proper sleeves, but I will treasure them. I feel so lucky to work with such generous people.  

We've been doing an archaeological dig this week and this morning, we were told we would have 2 students coming with us on a work experience placement. One of them turned out to be my step-dad's grand-daughter who I hadn't previously seen for at least 5 years!! 

I thought she looked familiar when she first arrived at the museum and on site, when we did a register of who was present, she gave her full name and I was like "Correct me if I'm wrong, but your mum is A... and your dad is J... and your grandfather is H..." And despite not seeing each other for such a long time, she recognised me as well. It was so lovely to be able to catch up. 

Went out to the archipelago yesterday and was thinking I should write something. And nothing came of it, I couldn't write anything. But, when I came home I got both the idea and the title for a collection of short stories.

Went for a ride with my friend in his car, stopped at a nice café with a view and then he gave me a lift all the way home again. Nice trip.

A friend gave me really good critique for my poems. I do think it was heartfelt, he really liked my poetry, well, I hope :)

I attended a workshop today with some of my fellow volunteers from Cre-Active. It was very inspirational - and I came home with a shadow puppet theatre. We each made our own from a shoebox and some fabric. We also made stick puppets and even some scenery so that we can put our own stories and shows together. The workshop also involved singing, games and music - including getting to try DJing!  B)