What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

illumination70

Spicy….no he's 14 - He has Down Syndrome and the only way to get him out of bed is to play music on my iPhone!

Peter - I am going to see Soundgarden with NIN in June!  Psyched.

what kind of music gets him out of bed?

do you sing songs to help?

• Subscriber

I'm going to see Nine Inch Nails tonight!

how was it?

Absolutely incredible, they smashed it to bits. I'm slightly annoyed that I ended up in the really high seats (seriously, anyone who is willing to brave the really high seats at The O2 deserves a medal for bravery) but I can say that there is nothing quite like watching several hundred hardcore NIN fans going nuts on the floor!

I'm going to see Nine Inch Nails tonight!

how was it?

Absolutely incredible, they smashed it to bits. I'm slightly annoyed that I ended up in the really high seats (seriously, anyone who is willing to brave the really high seats at The O2 deserves a medal for bravery) but I can say that there is nothing quite like watching several hundred hardcore NIN fans going nuts on the floor!

what a sight that must have been

how was the sound up top?

• Subscriber

The sound was good. The O2 has speaker stacks hanging from the ceiling pointing towards every corner of the arena so everyone gets to hear a good mix.

love it!!

makes it all so worth it (good sound).

any summer festivals this year?

I'm going to festival called Sonisphere in July. Conveniently, it's practically right next to where I live. It's a big rock festival that books loads of hard rock and metal bands and sometimes goes outside those boundaries too - this year the headliners are The Prodigy, Iron Maiden (with a WW1 tribute air display) and Metallica (who are playing a fan-selected setlist).

• Subscriber

@pete sounds awesome!

not having to travel so far is great.

I found more of the line-up here http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/wilko-johnson-and-electric-wizzard-join-sonisphere-2014-lineup-9151970.html

Alas Wilko Johnson has pulled out, he had to go for treatment. 

Basically he was diagnosed with cancer over a year ago, and was told he didn't have long to live, but surprisingly he's still here. So he's trying to play as many gigs as he can while he's still alive. Sadly treatment for chemotherapy and other stuff get in the way, I guess...