What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got accepted into University!

The Sun came up, the beach was freezing and me and my hounds had a ball!

I convinced my dad to stay home today, because there are lots cases of coronavirus in their town!

Posted Images

• Subscriber

This was actually yesterday, but I didn't have chance to post it. 

I went to my yoga class and while paying our fees, a lady looked at me and said: "You used to go to (primary school name) didn't you?" 

I looked at her: "How do you know that?" She knew my first name and age (without having previously been told) and said that she recognised me as I used to be in the same class as her daughter. She told me her daughter's name (which I vaguely remembered) and I was amazed. For someone to remember me when it's been over 20 years since I left primary school - and obviously my appearance has changed in that time too - it made me feel all warm and fuzzy that this lady remembered me. 

And to top the evening off, after a few tries I managed to do the full version of the 'Dancer' pose. It's a fairly simple one, but this is only my third yoga session so I felt really proud of myself for achieving it  :)

• Subscriber

Today my Dad treated me to a trip to Build-A-Bear workshop, where I built 2 bears and brought them home. In the absence of being able to make a U2 bear, I made Finn and Poe from Star Wars - complete with their own little costumes  :D Hopefully in future, I can go back and make a Rey bear to complete the trio of heroes. 

• Subscriber

Today in Tai Chi we learned a new type of walking meditation. Tiny slow steps around the room, just focusing on the movement and breathing and not thinking about anything else. As someone who normally walks *everywhere* at 100mph, I found it really calming to slow down so much, just slowly taking little steps - and not having to worry about being late getting places!  :D

• Subscriber

I live in California. This afternoon I went to Trader Joe's grocery store. It was a beautiful day. I drove home on a street called California. It is a beautiful street , with lots of big trees.

I sang the song California in my head all the way home. It all made me very happy, the simple pleasures in life.

Edited by charov