What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

• Subscriber

I was given a hug at the comic book stall in town today. 

The guy running the stall has had a tough week. I've had a rough week due to very hurtful criticism from members of my family, who somehow have come up with the idea that I don't care about them because my attention this week has been focused on helping a terrified friend in America who is now desperate to emigrate.

We talked it all over in the middle of the comic book shop and had a hug and I came home feeling that bit better.

It's been telling that my U2 friends are among those who have been supporting me when my own relatives don't seem to understand my concerns and attack me for expressing them. If it was possible to reach through the computer screen and hug people, I would.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got accepted into University!

I convinced my dad to stay home today, because there are lots cases of coronavirus in their town!

One of my best mates who has been having  chemo and surgery for a nasty cancer had his post treatment scan results today and has been declared cancer free. It doesn’t get much better than that .

Posted Images

• Subscriber

Met the Mariachi Divas and got their autographs! They were in the 360 Version for Song For Someone. They performed for the Day Of The Dead celebrations at my Catholic School where my sister-in-law is the first teacher(lay person)not a nun...lol.. to become the School Principle. We are so proud of her!

post-286797-0-55003100-1479538711_thumb.png

Edited by U2LAWoman
  • Subscriber

I got the last few bits for my X-Wing pilot costume today. The lady in the military surplus store was especially nice - she's also going to the same convention and let me sneak up into the stock room to look in there B)  She made sure I got *exactly* what I needed.

I just hope the fabric dye works on the belt and webbing! 

• Subscriber

Oh...it's Christmas time once again. ^_^ Thank you for reminding me, I will need to buy some paints for my window and the annual winter snowflakes.

And..as for other good news...We have a new baby niece in the family and she is my namesake!!!! My sister told me of the good news a few months ago and I was thrilled and so happy. And very happy she is fine, she just sent me a picture! :)  ^_^  :wub:

• Subscriber

Oh...it's Christmas time once again. ^_^ Thank you for reminding me, I will need to buy some paints for my window and the annual winter snowflakes.

And..as for other good news...We have a new baby niece in the family and she is my namesake!!!! My sister told me of the good news a few months ago and I was thrilled and so happy. And very happy she is fine, she just sent me a picture! :)  ^_^  :wub:

Aww, that is so cute!!! Best wishes to your family. Did you know there are albums available of U2 songs done in a lullaby style? You could get one of those for your niece and start introducing her to U2  :D

As for my good thing for today - I've learnt that my Tai Chi instructor is also going to the local sci-fi convention on Saturday. We spent at least 10 minutes geeking out together after the lunchtime session, discussing costumes and the correct order to watch the Star Wars films.

• Subscriber

Aww, that is so cute!!! Best wishes to your family. Did you know there are Ialbums available of U2 songs done in a lullaby style? You could get one of those for your niece and start introducing her to U2  :D

As for my good thing for today - I've learnt that my Tai Chi instructor is also going to the local sci-fi convention on Saturday. We spent at least 10 minutes geeking out together after the lunchtime session, discussing costumes and the correct order to watch the Star Wars films.

Yes, I've heard that!  :lol: She will need to know all that is U2 now that she is my namesake!!

Here's what The Big Bang Theory says of the SW order(hoping you're able to view it)We spent the weekend watching all the Star Wars movies on cable for our Thanksgiving holiday! :D