illumination70

What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

I'm sure you know Ahsoka from Clone Wars!? My other niece made it to the Book Store signing of the new Ahsoka book and the voice of Ahsoka, Ashley Eckstein was signing the new book and my niece wrote a poem for her and Ashley was so taken by it and even brought her to happy tears because she was so touched by it. My niece surprised my daughter (her cousin) with the new book signed to her and gave it to her as an early Christmas gift! 

In other Star Wars news. My husband's co-worker, whom he always talks to, but had no idea that he has a table at Comi-con, says he knows a lot of the artists and voice actors and he's in the process of writing a new comic himself. Funny, you never know about people you think you know!! :lol:

I'm sure you know Ahsoka from Clone Wars!? My other niece made it to the Book Store signing of the new Ahsoka book and the voice of Ahsoka, Ashley Eckstein was signing the new book and my niece wrote a poem for her and Ashley was so taken by it and even brought her to happy tears because she was so touched by it. My niece surprised my daughter (her cousin) with the new book signed to her and gave it to her as an early Christmas gift! 

In other Star Wars news. My husband's co-worker, whom he always talks to, but had no idea that he has a table at Comi-con, says he knows a lot of the artists and voice actors and he's in the process of writing a new comic himself. Funny, you never know about people you think you know!! :lol:

That is amazing! 

I had a great day at our local Comic-Con today. I simplified my outfit and went as Wedge Antilles rather than Poe Dameron, which worked really well. One young Rey was *very* particular about calling me Wedge as we bumped into each other throughout the day. Quite a few people complimented me on my outfit - including one pro-level X-Wing pilot cosplayer  B)

I also won a Star Wars card game set in the charity auction - and the auction alone raised over £400 for four local charities. We had geeky fun and did some good at the same time.

What great fun! From the Smiles and Gifs thread!

vader-smiley.gif?1292867693smileys-beating-and-fighting-635937.gif

Brilliant! There was a lightsabre duel at the convention too - young Rey took on Kylo Ren and beat him despite having one arm "chopped off" (hiding it behind her back). As the duel went on, quite a little crowd gathered round to take pictures/video. It was very funny. Our local paper has some photos in today's edition, including the Stormtroopers investigating the market stalls  :D There was also a Dalek that trundled round all day which caused a lot of amusement. If it got to a busy area, it told people "Please clear a path or you will be ex-ter-min-a-ted!".

I've just found the online version of the article - with a video - and I'm in it! If you can play the video, you'll see me near the start. I'm in the orange suit applauding as the Viking and the Doctor Who team are brought up on stage during the cosplay competition. At least I'm smiling in the video - I look awkward in the group photo. 

http://www.shropshirestar.com/entertainment/2016/12/05/wellington-comic-con-raises-hundreds-for-charity-with-pictures-and-video/comiccon6ae/

I've just found the online version of the article - with a video - and I'm in it! If you can play the video, you'll see me near the start. I'm in the orange suit applauding as the Viking and the Doctor Who team are brought up on stage during the cosplay competition. At least I'm smiling in the video - I look awkward in the group photo. 

http://www.shropshirestar.com/entertainment/2016/12/05/wellington-comic-con-raises-hundreds-for-charity-with-pictures-and-video/comiccon6ae/

I see you!!! Too cute! Really, you look great...I'll show my daughter this vid too! How fun the lightsaber duel!! This weekend we went to a car show and the Star Wars Team was there. They had 2 Star Wars show cars and of course a Back To The Future Car. The Scooby Doo Mystery Van! 

Found this too. :D https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1314004731954003

Hey, all good fun ey!!  :) Thanks for sharing your fun!

Edited by U2LAWoman