What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got accepted into University!

One of my best mates who has been having  chemo and surgery for a nasty cancer had his post treatment scan results today and has been declared cancer free. It doesn’t get much better than that .

...and I was just given confirmation by email that my vote for this primary was received and tabulated today! Consider this a small blow against the tyranny expressed by those who would prevent u

Posted Images

• Subscriber

Should I see Rogue One? I did only with Star Wars, the first one, I mean the real first one not the sequelprequelwhatever :P

Rogue One leads directly to the events in the first one so YES go and see it - I think it will add to your enjoyment/appreciation of the first one. 

• Subscriber

So many good and wonderful things lately..... :)  ^_^  :P  :wub:

However.......last night had a full day in LA. The Grammy Museum where they are currently having the Ramones Exhibit and never been there before, it's a great place for all us music lovers.. Off to Canters and at the bakery buying cookies from the same woman who served Obama his cookies. :lol: Then finally off to see Rogue One in Hollywood and loved it!!

• Subscriber

I attended a local group for players of tabletop games/RPGs etc. As it was my first time there, it was free to get in :D  I took my X-Wing miniatures game and played two "matches" - one as the First Order and one as the Resistance/light side (mixing ships from EpIII and TFA eras). It was lovely to be able to hang out with some fellow fans and play against other people for once - not to mention looking through other people's ship collections!   

Four hours very well spent.

• Subscriber

Today was my first day volunteering at the local library. It was going to be closed down due to council budget cuts, but it is now a community-run library and I am part of a team of volunteer staff.

It was a quiet day, but it's nice to be able to help people when they come in. And I am a *ninja* when it comes to making sure books go back in the right place  :D

• Subscriber

Hello U2 people

A belated Christmas greeting to you all together with warm wishes for a safe and happy New Year around the corner. What good thing happened to me today?

Hmmmm well good things did happen today, went on a blueberry pick with my wife and kids. A really neat thing happened a few days ago, POP was broadcast to my neighbours via my Beats pill+. Now these speakers really do give out a great sound and the ear picks up great vibes from them.

It has been a very interesting year with lots of things happening all over the planet and everywhere else. Those of you who have mingled with me on past posts may be wondering where have I been for the last year or so. I can only say to that head down backside up. Now hang on I am not being rude or such. Simply put a kiwi way saying incredibly busy with not much time for anything other than putting bread on the table for my loved ones.

I am currently on a two week vacation from the daily grind and loving every minute of it. Some might say getting in touch with myself again, there is that rude inclination again. Moreover finding time to do the things that really matter outside work is what i am getting at.

This zoo cat realizes the importance of retaining balance and a big part of 2017 will be about actively seeking that.

2016 saw the birth of our fourth child. Serena Bella Star, A sister to Monica and Paige here on Earth. And to Selena Rose who resides in heaven with the Angels and the All Mighty Father.

All the best to you all and stay safe out there.

Regards

Zoocat

SOE on the way. Great news!

• Subscriber

I went to the local comic book shop this morning. I was greeted with a hug, much-needed after the last couple of days.

Fridge was also literally just sorting through a new delivery and instantly picked out two for me. One of the perks of being a regular is that he gets to know what you read and sets things aside for specific customers  B)

It feels like the universe has especially picked on us nerds this year, but we're always there to support each other and at times like these, that's worth more than anything.