No Tour 'till 2015 True Or No, Deny Or Spill Truth / Hoping This Is Not True [Merged]

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Subscriber

Whats rebel mouse??

Rebel Mouse? I think you mean Danger Mouse, the guy who's supposedly been producing U2's new album. He's a fairly brilliant producer, worked with Gorillaz and The Black Keys on some of their best work.

• 2 weeks later...

Whats rebel mouse??

Rebel Mouse? I think you mean Danger Mouse, the guy who's supposedly been producing U2's new album. He's a fairly brilliant producer, worked with Gorillaz and The Black Keys on some of their best work.

thank you!

you get five stars

5stars.PNG

I am a new fan and don't know much except I love the two new songs Invisible and Ord. Love. But all I can say here is: be lucky as U2 fans that they don't write albums for money and fame or maybe for the purpose of selling records. They write when they have inspiration. Their lyrics are complex and reveal effort. I know bands who write simple songs but release albums every year or two years..... That's mechanical on my opinion....

• Subscriber

Shite...!!! Likely should have stayed away from this series of comments as only resulted in feeling down. Was keeping fingers crossed all  winter...and it was a long winter where I live, that disk comes out in the spring and the tour begins in the late summer to fall.

I can relate to the general feeling and disappointment. Lets get naked and run around the block together in protest...seems like the only thing left to do !!

• Subscriber

This is how U2 is now operating.  Each album takes longer and longer.  It will be 15 years before the one after the next one at best :)  whenever that is......

The boys have a lot of individual things going on and are not focused.  And seem to not take to the recommendations of producers.  Rubin would tell them to get bent and get it right....keep them focused and rolling.  I don't think he would like the long many month breaks between work sessions.  

U2 are also putting out a lot of mid-tempo mellow stuff in these teaser tracks.  I like that like I like anything....in moderation.  Not every song sounding so mundane.  I have not liked much from No Line on.  They need to get divorced/fight or something.....get some angst to write good stuff.

• Subscriber

Give away all their money to charity and start over ! That might create a bit if "angst" as you see it Swanny66 !

Good points though. I really get what they are all about outside of music, but ultimately it does come back to the music.

Nice to see new faces in the zoo prior to ticket sales (!)  Chris1043. Welcome.